BETA TESTING

• Some of us from this server have logged onto the BETA server and I for one am finding it frustrating that we have to start from scratch.

IF we are BETA testing the BATTLE SIM we should be given warriors and resources and apprpriate resource and tech levles so we can get to test the BATTLE SIM straight away. To have to go thorugh the whole rigmarole of starting from scratch and doing the various tasks is a complete waste of time if you ask me and we sould NOT have to pay to get Turquoise also. We are trying to help the gasme DEVS after all.

I have posted about this on the BETA boards but no one has been there since May 2015 so am posting here also.

• Well, to be frank here - M0H0 did tell us that their BETA(Test) Server doesn't have any kind of special modifiers on it, that we play it like a normal game.

"Intelligence without ambition, is like a bird without wings" ~Salvador Dali

• Oh I might have missed that but that means this Battle Sim wont be happenign anytime soon

Yeah, unfortunately the BETA Server doesn't have any specialties to it, not yet.
    As for the Battle Simulator - I believe you can use it as soon as you get your first combat troops (Lancers).

"Intelligence without ambition, is like a bird without wings" ~Salvador Dali

• I saw and replied your post on the beta forums, but I'll reply here too that we are aware that starting from scratch with no modifiers at all isn't very helpful to test things. We intend to turn the beta server into a speed server in the coming days to aid this. Meanwhile, if you do progress there it will not be lost for the foreseeable future.

• The beta server is now as of this minute a quad-speed (x4) server. Good luck! Update is still coming here in a few days, but we intend to keep the beta server around for future testing and updates.

• The beta server is now as of this minute a quad-speed (x4) server. Good luck! Update is still coming here in a few days, but we intend to keep the beta server around for future testing and updates.

Oh I AM very glad about this.

I do think still that a BETA server works best when the players get to test a specific feature without having to go start from scratch and go through the tutorial and so on.

A player in our Alliance has had a fair bit of experieence helping with BETA testing games or a game so I will ask her to comment also.

• They could at least give a large number of turquoise to make it easier.

I am used to the settlers beta, and it always resets to a very high level player with very advanced buildings AND a huge pile of free usually-for-money goods. That wya you can focus on testing the stuff that actually matters.

• Point taken, we'll keep that in mind for the next updates. We are barely just getting started to using the beta server for testing, so we are still slowly figuring out the best way to do that.