Rule Clarification: re: Banning

• In light of recent event, some questions and discussion has arisen within my tribe. So we are requesting a clarification of the rules from Dev, as no one else can be certain of anything. I hope this is the correct forum for this question, but it seemed the most appropriate choice.

1) If one is banned, is the banning intended to be a ban of the PLAYER or merely a ban of the account? Is it acceptable for the banned person to start a new account or take over an existing account from someone else?

2) Are bans server-specific or applicable to all servers? If someone is banned here, can they go play on one of the other servers (or continue to play on one of the other servers)?

3) Could we be given more technical info on how banning works (is it IP based, which can be gotten around with proxies, etc.)? I realize you may not be comfortable including this information, as it might give a means to work around a ban, but there was some innocent speculation (we do get curious, you know), so I wanted to include the question and let you decide how much we can be told.

Thank you.

• Yes, I would also like to know this.

It appears that the user 'Nikneim_VD' has created another account at coordinates: 400:434.

He was banned for Multi-Accounting.

"Intelligence without ambition, is like a bird without wings" ~Salvador Dali

• How do you tired of whiners.And do not expect that I will be gone from this server)

Just because you use Proxy IPs or even programs to change your Computer's IP doesn't mean you won't be banned each time.

"Intelligence without ambition, is like a bird without wings" ~Salvador Dali

• Just because you use Proxy IPs or even programs to change your Computer's IP doesn't mean you won't be banned each time.

My account was banned,right??Now I have one account.I violate some rule???At the moment the administration is no reason to ban my account!!!

За котейку и двор стреляю в упор ^^

• 1) If one is banned, is the banning intended to be a ban of the PLAYER or merely a ban of the account? Is it acceptable for the banned person to start a new account or take over an existing account from someone else?

Generally speaking the answer is yes. We make exceptions for cases that we consider extreme, but otherwise a player sanctioned by breaching the rules may sign up for a new account and start from scratch if he chooses to, though obviously respecting the rules this time around. Should any resources or troops have been acquired through the use of multiaccounts or techniques that breach the game rules, we would extend the sanction to any accounts that shared them.

2) Are bans server-specific or applicable to all servers? If someone is banned here, can they go play on one of the other servers (or continue to play on one of the other servers)?

As per the previous point, bans are server specific unless we consider the case warrants making an exception, in particular if for example someone was already banned before and continues to breach the rules with new accounts or in different servers.

3) Could we be given more technical info on how banning works (is it IP based, which can be gotten around with proxies, etc.)? I realize you may not be comfortable including this information, as it might give a means to work around a ban, but there was some innocent speculation (we do get curious, you know), so I wanted to include the question and let you decide how much we can be told.

Bans are initially set at an account-level, as you probably guessed by now, but depending on the case as I mentioned earlier we can go as far as necessary including banning IPs, IP-ranges, proxies, etc.

Hope that helps. Please consider contacting us privately (e.g. via private messages in this forum) if you have questions concerning a specific ban case in order to avoid more public inflamatory discussion and accusations. Thanks.

• You say that sanctions would be applied to accounts gaining resources or troops from the cheating accounts.

If that is the case, why does it seem to those of us in the game that that has not happened in the current situation? I had hoped to avoid discussion of specifics, but I fear it is to some extent necessary. We need you developers to make a statement and eliminate speculation.

What sanctions have been placed on Nikneim's tribe in return for goods and military that they may have obtained from Nikneim while he cheated (all of the involved accounts were cheating, not just the ones named something else)? What sanctions have been placed to compensate for losses other players obtained because of information they obtained by cheating?

We had all been having in-tribe discussions of military units, attacks, and their effectiveness... how well they seemed able to withstand an attack. Who got hit by what when. So it is likely that in many cases, players were wiped out because they posted to their tribe what military they had--things they would have been unable to see themselves because of levels of espionage and towers. We also on occasion discussed going offline for a shorter or longer period. Additionally, since he had a multiple in our tribes, he could just go on the tribe wall and see who was and wasn't online, so would or wouldn't be able to move their troops away when an attack happens. That information is not meant to be available outside the tribe.

The screen shot pasted in a previous discussion proves that he shared information of other tribes with his tribe mates. Since we know that, we want to know that there are sanctions!

• One further clarification. I am NOT claiming that the transfer of troops/resources is in themselves cheating. I am complaining that Nikneim was cheating and that troops/resources were transferred from him to other players. I am also complaining that other players were able to obtain more troops/resources/points by using information obtained through cheating. All those troops/resources/points are still in the game, which is what I, at least, deem unfair.

• I asked only for a clarification of the RULES. Not a discussion of a particular case.

Come on.

Wasn't lying at least.

Let's start with the fact that in our tribe, too, was the cartoon,only him even the ban was not given.He also watched our online.And read the correspondence.

And believe me, we have lost no less than you!

And even more.

Edited once, last by Nikneim_VD ().

• Again ask support all you want but Ciara is my gf who lives in Dublin, I live in Wicklow 30 minutes away by car you want addresses too and some bank codes? Grow up and learn to play with some honour you cheat and that proves your worth

• Again ask support all you want but Ciara is my gf who lives in Dublin, I live in Wicklow 30 minutes away by car you want addresses too and some bank codes? Grow up and learn to play with some honour you cheat and that proves your worth

Who cares who she is.She gave you all the information,correspondence,online.What's the difference between me and her??

• Spying is not a violation of the rules. Multiaccounting IS a violation of the rules. I am not disparaging your tribe's game skill. I am only asking that we be given a chance to play on equal ground--without anyone having benefitted from cheating.

I accept the risk that you get spies to join our tribes. That is part of the game. I am only discussing the fact that your spying was done through illegal play and that your account was playing illegal yet passed troops on to others in your tribe, whom I am assuming are playing legally.

I have made no accusations beyond what has been acknowledged by dev as fact and my own knowledge of where those alternate named accounts were played. The screenshot is only mentioned as it confirms your tribe mates KNEW you were cheating and knowingly used information obtained through cheating, yet did not report you or kick you from the tribe. This includes them in a certain amount of guilt.

Do you deny having spied on other tribes through multiaccounting?

Do you deny sharing the information obtained from your spying with your tribemates?

Do you deny that decisions to attack other players or the amount of troops needed were made based on information obtained from your spying while multiaccounting?

Do you deny that your multiaccounted Nikneim account transferred troops and/or resources to your tribe mates?

These are the acts I am discussing. The transfer itself I am not questioning. Had you been playing legally, your transfers would have been legal, IMO, but you weren't--you were cheating.

I want to know if admin is now saying--by refusing to enact any sanctions against those who benefitted from your cheating or to reimburse other players who were damaged by your cheating--that it is fine to cheat for a while and feed your tribe mates with troops and resources while you cheat. All that happens afterwards is that you personally start over, while everyone damaged by your cheating gets nothing and everyone improved by your cheating gets to keep the illgotten gains.

To me that is a green light for short term cheating, especially if you are good enough, as you were, not to get caught easily by the system. I have no interest in playing a game where cheating is greenlighted in this fashion.

• I never denied,but that's why I was banned.So this conversation is a waste of time.