A New type of spy

• Correct me if I am wrong but from the world view you can only spy one City at a time.

If that is the case I would like to propose a new type of spy and this spy does not go to any destination.
    It is activated from your City in the 'World Map' and of course to activate it one cannot be in protection mode or vacation mode.
    By clicking on a new icon from your City on the world map you can see all troop movements upto a given radius between different cities.
    The radius this spy can 'see' is a function of one's watchtower level.
    The higher the watchtower level the further this spy will be able to 'see'.
    The starting watchtower level for this spy to be able to be activated will have to be higher than the highest current watchtowetr level by at least say 2 levels. Hopefully the resource cost for getting to this watchtower level wont be easy to obtain.
    You only et one of these spies per City.
    The cost of the spy should not be that cheap either.
    Also once this spy is activated and it does a spying 'mission' there has to be a cooldown period before it can be activated again.
    I propose one mission every hour.
    With each increase in watchtower level after this spy is able to be activated the cooldown period gets lower by a small margin.

I would think the spy reports are seen in a similar format to what one gets when one spies on another city currently but all one sees is the troops who are in transit not the troops who are in any city.

The report will show what the complement of troops are and how many of each troop is on the move and also how long the troops are from reaching their destination.

One can then use this information to see if one can attack a City that the troops are returning to.

• We thought about something like this, the possibility to spy on troop movements of an opponent with a new type of spy, and down the road it is likely to come. But it's a very sensitive feature so we are not going to rush it, like you mention it has to be expensive and has to have its limitations. If anyone else has thoughts about how something like it could work we would happily take notes.

• We thought about something like this, the possibility to spy on troop movements of an opponent with a new type of spy, and down the road it is likely to come. But it's a very sensitive feature so we are not going to rush it, like you mention it has to be expensive and has to have its limitations. If anyone else has thoughts about how something like it could work we would happily take notes.

Well what I am proposing is the ability to spy on any and all troop movements from the world map of one's City upto a given radius. Of course if there were no Cities within that radius then you would see nothing and you would have wasted resources as I am proposing some kind of cost to doing this kind of spying.

So just to be clear, say within the spying radius if there were 3 cities of different players and each City had troops moving away or back to those Cities you would get each report. I am not sure if this is quite feasible to program.

If there is not going to be a cost to do this spying, to be able to get to this particular spy function the attributes and assuming it is linked to the watchtower level then resource cost to get to that watchtower level must be v high and then to be able to increase the radius of the spying the espionage lvl must also higher and the cost to get to next leel higher stil nd so on. If the costs are going to be high then as a reward the radius one can see might need to be fairly large for each espionage level one achieves to compensate from a risk and reward viewpoint