I like playing Tentlan, but...

• ...it is too damn slow and very resource costly. I am beginning to have some serious questions about playing this game any further. Seriously, you developers of this game need to have an equation of making the game more fun to play rather than on making the cost of production so exponentially draining. Unless of course, this is intentionally connected to the turquoise system to force players to spend money on making things happen faster. That tactic offends me, and I am letting you all know right now that I am not spending any money on any damn turquoise. Similar things have happened in other browser games I have played (Stormfall: Age of War, Grepolis, Bejewelled, Farmville, etc.). Some I have stopped playing because of that reason, others I kept playing, but paid nothing, because it was still fun to play them.

Seriously, the Team needs to reconsider why they came up with this game to begin with. You will not garner a wide base of players when the game they are playing is not fun. People will lose interest, especially when they begin to see through a money making scheme at their disadvantage.

• Feedback noted regarding speed/costs, it's not the first time we hear this. I can tell you that the overall balancing and speed in Tentlan is not meant nor designed to push players into making purchases, and we do not employ tricks or schemes to force players to spend in any other way for that matter, nor we intend to do so in the future. Believe it or not, we actually feel pretty strongly about respecting the time and trust of our players.

It's likely that we'll experiment with changes in the way Tentlan develops at advanced stages eventually, but in the meantime, if I may suggest, our beta server currently runs at x4 the usual speed, we can't transfer accounts between servers at the moment, but you may want to give it the beta server a go with a new account from scratch and see if you like it better for the time being.

• MOHO the BETA Server is NOT a TEST Server like it should be it has become just another server. The speed and the way it works is great and that should form the basis for a speed server for the future. But my issue with the BETA Server is that on the forum there has been v few posts. I posted today about my thoughts about the BETA Server. I am getting attacked by some player daily but in my years of BETA game testing that sort of thing does not happen!! A BETA Server is not just another Server it is meant to be for testing a feature or features the DEVS want to implement. IF the new features were tested there then it was not ever posted there and I for one never tested it as I/we were not asked to. So what is the point of the BETA server and why would one want to 'play' there. I just do not understand.

• M0H0, TaneMahuta,

The idea to be able to test new features, concept of even new speed is nice for me.

But in that case it's true that an "on invitation" or open forum to discuss what is effectively nice to be tested is a good idea.
    Now it's maybe not the idea of the dev team to involve us there and the proposition of M0H0 just get unplanned feedback ;)

Kind Regards.

• I'm not sure where the complain comes from, the beta server currently does serve its purpose, every update for the past few months has always hit the beta server first and foremost. Currently we don't have specific guidelines or instructions for beta testers regarding how and what to test because we are mainly looking for how new updates behave during normal gameplay, thus all we ask of beta testers is that they play normally, mess around with new features and changes as they come and of course report back if they see something break. We will probably expand our testing process as bigger and more comprehensive updates come, but at the moment that is where it stands. Of course we are happy to hear ideas and suggestions if you think this could be handled better.

• Feedback noted regarding speed/costs, it's not the first time we hear this. I can tell you that the overall balancing and speed in Tentlan is not meant nor designed to push players into making purchases, and we do not employ tricks or schemes to force players to spend in any other way for that matter, nor we intend to do so in the future. Believe it or not, we actually feel pretty strongly about respecting the time and trust of our players.

It's likely that we'll experiment with changes in the way Tentlan develops at advanced stages eventually, but in the meantime, if I may suggest, our beta server currently runs at x4 the usual speed, we can't transfer accounts between servers at the moment, but you may want to give it the beta server a go with a new account from scratch and see if you like it better for the time being.

Meanwhile, on another thread....

M0H0 Online
    Tentlan Team

Likes Received70Posts210

Happy hour: +50% turquoise later today6 hours ago

Hello Ahaus,

Later today and during 4 hours we will have a limited promotion where you will have the chance to get +50% turquoises more with every purchase. This promotion will take place at the following time, depending on your time zone:
    United States (New York time) & Canada (Montreal time): 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
    New Zealand: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
    Australia (Sydney time): 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM
    United Kindgom & Ireland: 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM
    Belgium, Netherlands & Central Europe: 9:00 PM - 01:00 AM
    Note that it is the checkout time what counts to enter the promotion, so methods that take long to go through such as bank transfers will still count and will get the corresponding turquoises once complete, as long as the checkout happens while the promotion is active.

Cheers and have fun,

Your Tentlan Team"

• That is a sale, Ququmatz, not an elaborated scheme to not let you play unless you make a purchase. There's a world of difference between doing a discount for those interested and being downright evil in the inherent game design.

• Guess they have to make something for the time, the server and costs. I don't have a lot to spend on games, but that is common sense. There are overhead costs to programming a game, programming updates and server costs... just to name a few. Would you program for free? I might sing for free, but I'd run everyone off.

• Free ?? Have you any idea how much money they are making ?? Zappo Games ( maker of Tentan ) is not new to the seen. ZappoGames.com is an arcade site with over 7500 games installed.

Just to clarify, have no relationship with Zappo Games whatsoever. We are a small independent studio called Lionmoon; we don't have 7500 games, but one, and our time is 100% spent on Tentlan.

It looks like they (Zappo Games) decided to feature Tentlan on their site, but that's as far as our "relationship" goes :)