new members

• Is there an action foreseen to attract new players in the older servers ?
    It is sad to see that only 2 new players tested in one month
    No more than 60 actives anymore (same amount as the number of players who joint in 1 week at the beginning. It is already exceptional to see more than 5 online

• A very good question Bud!
    I just checked and there are 330 members on MAYAPAN and at most 240 are playing if that.
    It would be good to get some feedback from the DEVS but their response times have not been great.

MAYAPAN and UXMAL need some new funcationality for sure else they are both dead. The CHICHEN ITZA Server is only active due to one player being attacking

• Re: the 'old' Mayapan and Uxmal servers. Just a thought, but perhaps if players aren't happy with either of these servers, they could open an account on the new one?

Re: 'new functionality' for the new server. What new functionality is considered to be required? Does it being with a 'T' and end with an 'O' by any chance? ;) Or is there more?

Re: activity on the new server: Is it a good thing then that because one player is attacking there is some activity. Let's not forget that attacking is part of this game. The devs have pointed out on numerous occasions that players can get together to share/lend troops. Why are players in tribes with others if they do not trust them enough to be able to do this? Also, I'd suggest that 'activity' isn't confined to attacking. Growth of cities, troops etc is just as much a part of this game as attacking, although it would be good to see more players doing both. Until a couple of weeks ago, the highest ranked players were also attacking - no complaints/comments were made about these on this forum at the time. Perhaps those players have since ceased attacking because (a) it's more 'beneficial' to them for me to be in the firing line and (b) there aren't sufficient cities considered worth attacking. I think as players we must accept responsibility for being active. It's a little hypocritical in my view to be complaining about the lack of activity when you're a player sitting with protection on an ongoing basis with (seemingly) no plans to do anything much else, other than criticise the devs, the game and other player(s). While my fellow tribe member has protection, he is actively involved in our tribe policies and strategies, we share troops and the resources from successful attacks and he can, of course, attack barbarians.

• It is a bit rich of you to talk about protection Foxy.
    You are using Danqui's account which is almost all the time in P mode to protect your troops.

I am TOTALLY opposed to sharing troops.
    It is fraught with danger.
    As I have said again and again and AGAIN there is NOTHING to stop a player 'stealing' the troops donated to him/her.

It is frankly a STUPID idea.

From the DAY we started on MAYAPAN the TAMBO had this as its feature "Coming soon in Tentlan: attacks with allies. This building will be available in a coming-up update, stay tuned!"

Well we have waited and waited with open ears and now some have tuned OUT 2 servers later.

Some of us believe that the DEVS are having issues getting the TAMBO to work. if so they owe it to us to tell us so.

Attacking is part of the game but when we started in MAYAPAN the good players who were mostly in TENOC at the time decided that they would NOT attack others until the game was more developed.

Then RR and El Draque came on the scene and some players riled them by accused them without proof of cheating etc and that got them attacking all and sundry. it is worth noting that they knew more about the game than we did on MAYAPAN due to their experience on the Russsian Server.

It is very easy to take the high ground in this game but it has a long way to go before it is more playable and more Tribe friendly.

How each player chooses to play the game is upto them.

If some believe they are the best so be it but just look at the rankings! Thsoe at the top are the Top players. How they got their is their business really. if they bought their way there so be it. I would not criticise them as in effect they are keeping the game going.

On MAYAPAN there is no more targets left to achieve for some of us bar attack a barb lvl 7 and that requires 100 Ek Chuah at least to beat a barb lvl 7

• Hi again Tanemahuta,

As you'll see if you read my post thoroughly, I fully acknowledge that my fellow tribe member has protection and that in itself does not prevent him from being active in the game. Neither of us 'use' each other. We trust each other, we get along well, we enjoy playing the game and we play within the rules. The troops we have are joint/tribe troops.

Again, if you have no trust in your tribe members, why have them in your tribe? I think you have made it clear that you think sharing troops is a 'stupid' (your word) idea. Just because that is your view does not make it how it actually is. Sharing troops does work, as Donqui and I have shown.

If you really are as frustrated as you appear to be about the absence of a Tambo, one option is to cease playing the game until its arrival.

Who are the 'some of us' to which you refer? Are they non-existent people used to bolster your own points and views? Can those players not post for themselves?

If you have no trust in the devs then, again, why continue playing?

I also recollect that on the Mayapan server the (mainly) Tenoc (and some Chi) players decided that they would not attack others until the game was more developed. However, as you must also then recollect, it was those very same players who riled the Russian Roulette tribe and accused them, without proof, of cheating, which led to RR attacking all players within those tribes.

I agree that how each player chooses to play the game is up to them. I would say, however, that I would find it more of a personal achievement to succeed in the game on merit (skill) rather on finance.

Both of our Tribe members are up at the top of the rankings. I do not believe that means we (or any others in those positions) are the top players. However, we are fully active in all aspects of the game and we enjoy playing it.

Again, I cannot help but wonder why you continue to play the game, given that you are clearly not happy with so many aspects of it.

• Hi guys,

My question about new players are not coming out of frustration about former attacks or the way people played but simply about how can it stay nice to play.
    The coming of RR on Mayapan was disrupting the agreement of the three tribes Tenoc, Toc and Chi that we would wait for the game to develop but nothing wrong with players that like to do it their way.
    BTW Foxy as you are called on the new server, there were some issues as you recall the sanction of their nr 2 of RR
    Of course everyone can play on the new server but isn't it a pity that what started as a lot of people playing the game to a few who are waiting now for months to see what happens. And I'm not afraid to give away troops as you know.
    I can only look at the active players and of the 303 their are maybe 50 still playing. When I started the game and I came up with CHI I had 60 players after a week.
    If people are buying their way up I am happy because this is paying the devs for making this game.

• Hi Bud,

Good to hear that you are concerned about keeping it 'nice' to play the game and that you are not obsessed with what happened many months ago on other servers :).

As an aside, I've made no comment to you about whether I was called anything else on another server and I would appreciate it if you'd refrain from making reference to that, particularly when it is clear from whom that has originated. Incidentally, I have told players on the new server that I am from Fox Planet - it's a game after all !

I appreciate that you may have given and are willing to give away troops, as am I and my fellow tribe member. My comment on that topic was not aimed at you but at those who have stated that they cannot trust their fellow tribe members.

To be honest Bud, I don't agree think that the reason the number of players has diminished is the delay in the implementation of the tambo. I think several factors have influenced players in leaving the game, including the hostility exposed on this forum and in the chat area. As M0H0 has pointed out, a bit of in-game rivalry is one thing but it has become quite unpleasant in some cases.

I agree that payments can assist the development of the game and have no problem with that per se.

• Foxy, being from fox planet you should know a fox can loose his hair but not his habits. This being said your alter egos are a public secret, and repeating it would be a loss of energy.
    I personally chose same name as I have nothing to hide. It's your free choise to chose different name and try to hide it. In return we are free to find out relations between player names of different servers.

Being on the 3 servers, I know very well what went wrong on Mayapan :
    1) RR playing style in combination with game characterics (tambo could have helped that time : in this game small teams win from big groups, this enables a small group of players to destroy a server)
    2) no mid game and end game objectives in this game (game is too static)
    3) build time grow exponentially make upgrades above level 30-35 people think they have better things to do in live than waiting for ages on an upgrade)

• Hi TerraG,

This is a game. Who cares whether I am male, female, android or fox? If you do I think you need to ask yourself why. Yes, I played on both other servers, yes I am female, yes I have been called Zexa, Xin and Foxy - so what?

The only thing I wished to 'hide' as you put it was my gender, hence the male player and hence why I chose not to openly refer to my previous game-playing. It has been enlightening to see the difference towards me as a male player rather than a female player. I'm writing an essay about it, as it happens!

I really don't understand why it is of any interest to you and others which servers I played on before and under what name. It is a game. I have a life outside the game.

Although I agree that some of the things you mention concerning the Mayapan server definitely contributed to its downfall, by no means do I think they were the main cause.

• Hi all, what happened in the past is not important for the game at this point, i made this post only about what will happen in the future with the first two servers. If they will be fed with new players or not and if it still makes sense to continue playing on these servers. I would find it a pity if they would not be used anymore in the future as some players spend already a few months on building up. Can Moho or Gio reply on this please. I really don't want to start any discussions it's only an informative question.

• Hi all,

If you type the words 'Mayapan' or 'Uxmal' into the search box at the top right hand corner of the Forum, you can retrieve a list of various posts which contain a reference to those servers.

(1) Retaining existing players on Mayapan and Uxmal

(a) In response to TaneMahuta's following comments:
    "MAYAPAN and UXMAL need some new funcationality for sure else they are both dead'. (sic)
    "Attacking is part of the game but when we started in MAYAPAN the good players who were mostly in TENOC at the time decided that they would NOT attack others until the game was more developed".
    "On MAYAPAN there is no more targets left to achieve for some of us bar attack a barb lvl 7 and that requires 100 Ek Chuah at least to beat a barb lvl 7". (sic)

M0H0 has already advised on this Forum that, among other changes, the maximum levels for buildings and research have been increased across all servers. Thus, new functionality has been introduced and there are more targets for Mayapan and Uxmal players to achieve. M0H0 has also assured that the introduction of a third server, Chichen Itza, would not prevent further development of the game across all servers.

If Mayapan players chose to concentrate on learning the game and developing their cities etc. rather than attacking, they are responsible for the outcome of that decision, not the Tentlan Team.

If players are leaving Mayapan and Uxmal, despite these developments and assurances, there are probably other reasons for their departure, none of which are within the control of the Tentlan Team.

(b) In response to Bud's following comments:
    "Of course everyone can play on the new server but isn't it a pity that what started as a lot of people playing the game to a few who are waiting now for months to see what happens". (sic)
    "No more than 60 actives anymore (same amount as the number of players who joint in 1 week at the beginning. It is already exceptional to see more than 5 online". (sic)
    "When I started the game and I came up with CHI I had 60 players after a week". (sic)
    "i made this post only about what will happen in the future with the first two servers ..... and if it still makes sense to continue playing on these servers". (sic)
    "I would find it a pity if they would not be used anymore in the future as some players spend already a few months on building up". (sic)

I have played on the Mayapan and Uxmal servers and I have not been 'waiting for months to see what happens'. I am happy with the developments that have taken place so far and I see only a handful of players who are unhappy and continuously asking about plans for certain aspects of the game.

I'm not sure why 60 actives is a problem from a player's point of view. Bud can you expand please?
    Similarly, I'm not sure why only 5 players online is a problem from a player's point of view. Again, Bud can you expand please?

I would respectfully suggest that the inability to retain members of a tribe is the responsibility of a tribe leader, not of the game or the Tentlan Team. Further, it is open to any player to set up a tribe on any server, particularly if it is important for them to have a large number of players under their command/control.

As per (a) above, further developments have already been implemented across all servers and M0H0 has assured that these will continue. I would respectfully suggest that the individual player must determine whether they wish to continue playing on the Mayapan or Uxmal server and continue 'building up their cities/troops', taking into consideration what they want from the game. If a particular server does not meet a player's needs, it is open to them to try another server. If the game no longer holds an attraction for a player, it is open to them to find alternative activities which better meet their needs.

(2) Attracting new players to Mayapan and Uxmal

(a) In response to TaneMahuta's following comments:
    "It would be good to get some feedback from the DEVS but their response times have not been great".

TaneMahuta, (i) specifically, what sort of feedback you would like from the developers, and (ii) within what timescale do you think the developers should respond to such requests?

(b) In response to Bud's following comments:

"Is there an action foreseen to attract new players in the older servers?". (sic)
    "Hi all, what happened in the past is not important for the game at this point, i made this post only about what will happen in the future with the first two servers. If they will be fed with new players." (sic
    )

Bud, can you please advise what sort of action you are asking about and/or what sort of action you think could/should be taken and why?

Bud, can you please clarify what you mean by 'fed with new players'? For example, from where are you thinking/suggesting that these new players will be found?

(3) Use of the Forum

(a) In response to Bud's following comment:
    "Can Moho or Gio reply on this please. I really don't want to start any discussions it's only an informative question".

With respect Bud, this Forum is open to all players of the game. It is within your right to pose a specific question to the Tentlan Team of course. However, in my view, it is also open to any player to respond to and add to the discussions of any post (within Forum rules and guidelines). If a player does not wish to enable other players to take part in discussions on topics raised in Forum posts, that player has the option to contact the developers privately by, for example, email.

Edited 7 times, last by Foxy ().