Could the DEVS please confirm the following

• Hi Lone Wolf,

I was trying to help by suggesting another means of communication with the Tentlan Team. It is entirely up to you to choose whether to act upon that information. It is for the Tentlan Team to decide whether to respond to your further questions and comments.

• Really don't see why I should have to contact them for clarification on something they stated in this thread. Continued discussion of the same topic else where would be pointless. As my question is just further discussion of the original question. Also, not really sure why you keep responding to me as the only people that can answer the question is the dev team.

• Hi Lone Wolf,

I think perhaps you're not fully understanding my intentions here. I'm not saying that you have to do anything. Indeed, I've clearly pointed out that it's your choice whether or not to take any action at all. I am merely trying to be helpful. M0H0 has said in another post that he doesn't have enough time to check in-game messages and this board as often as he'd like to and he provides the email address for support. However, if you're not in any rush, then by all means leave your post/question on here and wait for a response.

I'm addressing you because you are the poster concerned. I do that with every post to which I respond, out of politeness, respect and courtesy. I am responding to the post because it concerns me and because it is a topic in which I have an interest. Also, this Forum is open to all players to comment/discuss/help etc. provided they do so within the board rules and guidelines. I am exercising my right to do that, just as you are. I hope that clarifies things for you.

• And there you go again sticking your nose into something that doesn't involve you. I clearly stated I was asking the devs for clarification not you. Please quit sticking your nose into things that do not involve you.

• Hi Lone Wolf,

I'm sorry to see that you have an issue with me posting. However, that is your issue, not mine. I am entitled to post on this topic under this thread, particularly because it concerns me, as is obvious from previous comments. If you do not want other players to see your comments (and thus have the opportunity to join in/respond) you can always contact the Tentlan Team privately as mentioned before.

It would be good to get a response from the Tentlan Team to your questions. However, that does not prevent / exclude other players commenting or joining in the discussion. Respectful debate is a healthy thing and I hope more players will become involved.

I'd be particularly interested on views from other players concerning when a mission or multiple missions can be said to be part of an overall game strategy. For example, I would always send 5 (or 10 depending on the strength of the opponent) spies on a spying mission. To me that demonstrates that I am genuinely seeking information and not just trying to annoy or harass another player. On occasions I might send one lancer or bowman on an attack mission, as a smoke screen, but I will follow that up with either a full attack mission or a 5 spy mission.

• Obviously you feel the need to be the center of attention Foxy even though the question was directed at the devs you seem to have some need to respond. You are not a member of the dev team, you do not work for the company in any shape of form and cannot speak for them so kindly please quit responding to things you cannot answer. Seeings how the question is now buried a page back I will ask again so it is at the end of the discussion and can be easily found:

M0H0: "We consider extreme cases of intentional gameplay hindrance to other players punishable, and will update the game rules to reflect this accordingly, but it should not come as a surprise that if a players attacks or spies to another player more than 150 times in the time span of four days we are going to notice it. Sending "dummy" spies/attacks is fine, just don't take it to an extreme and send hundreds of them in a row".

If multiple small attacks are against the rules then the game shouldn't allow it. If they don't want players doing it then they should code it that way. As the game is coded it is allowed, therefore isn't a bannable offense. How is sending multiple 1 soldier attacks against someone a hindrance to game play? It is part of the game, allowed by the game, even encouraged by the games description, "For strategists In Tentlan, the winners are not those who have more resources or units, but those who know how to play their aces. Develop different strategies and methods of play to >>>>>>irritate<<<<<< your adversaries and attack them unexpectedly."

• I think the word you are looking for Lone Wolf is 'TROLLING' ( I am not shouting).
    But don't hold your breath for the DEVS to do anything anytime soon as they seem otherwise occupied. M0H0 has said as much on another thread and GAVIOTTA is AWOL. She has been AWOL as of last Wednesday it would seem.

That said if you email support via the email link one is getting a response within a more acceptable time.

I emailed support to point out that the BETA Server was 'down' and got a response within 24 hours.

• Proof:

Gaviotta Tentlan Team

Member since Jun 10th 2015 Last ActivityWednesday, 2:22am.

If M0H0 is busy and Gaviotta is the only other person left to Moderate the boards then being last active on Wednesday is just not satisfactory.

• Hi Lone Wolf,

As you will see if you look through the posts on this Forum, there are many other players commenting on this Forum and some far more often, yet I don't see you aiming similar comments at them to those you are aiming at me.

As you will know from your earlier references to the Rules, the Board (Forum) Rules state a requirement for use of the Forum is to "treat other users and their opinions with respect, remain tolerant and polite". The rules also state "Even if this community is a virtual community, its members are real persons. Any threatening or insulting of other users is not acceptable and must be avoided. Make your comments on a topic, and not on its author".

Making personal comments towards me such as "obviously you feel the need to be center (sic) of attention" (and some of your earlier remarks) is not, in my view, respectful or polite. In my view that is an insult and I believe that is how you intended it. I have been respectful and polite to you throughout my posts and I have not insulted you in any way. I would like you to treat me the same way please.

I have never suggested that I am a member of the development team nor do I attempt to speak on their behalf. I do not have to be in order to comment on your or anyone else's posts.

To reiterate, I am not responding to your specific questions to the Tentlan Team - I'm sure that they will see your post whether or not it is the last one, and that they will respond when they can. I am joining in the discussion as every player is entitled to do and, if I feel I have something of interest or use to say, I will continue to do so.

• "As you will know from your earlier references to the Rules, the Board (Forum) Rules state a requirement for use of the Forum is to "treat other users and their opinions with respect, remain tolerant and polite". The rules also state "Even if this community is a virtual community, its members are real persons. Any threatening or insulting of other users is not acceptable and must be avoided. Make your comments on a topic, and not on its author".

Making personal comments towards me such as "obviously you feel the need to be center (sic) { (sic) is used when something is spelled incorrectly and you are reposting what someone else said, as center is spelled correctly using (sic) here is pointless} of attention" (and some of your earlier remarks) is not, in my view, respectful or polite. In my view that is an insult and I believe that is how you intended it. I have been respectful and polite to you throughout my posts and I have not insulted you in any way. I would like you to treat me the same way please."

I have been polite, even refused to use the word trolling as TaneMahuta implied above but it is obvious that is your only intention. Wasn't talking to you, asked the dev team a specific direct question and you feel the need to keep responding trying to hide the question posts and posts back you are in fact trolling. For some odd reason you feel the need to have the last word on something that isn't directed at you. Again please refrain from replying to dev specific questions as you stated above you do not work for the game, cannot speak for the devs you have no business replying to things that are out of your control.

• Hi Lone Wolf,
    First of all, I respect you for choosing not to use the word 'trolling'. In my view that accusation is disrespectful and intended to insult, but that is an aside.
    I have tried to make my point to you as clearly as possible but with little success it would seem. If you believe I am breaking any Board Rules, then please contact the Tentlan Team and ask them to deal with it.
    You keep asking me not to comment on/to your posts/questions. I do not believe it is within your right to do so. If you cease asking me to refrain from posting I will have no need to reply to that request.
    I have no intention of causing any arguments (although as I said earlier I think healthy debate is a good thing). However, if I believe that someone is treating me unfairly, disrespectfully etc, I will not stand by and do/say nothing.

• TROLLING is what you are doing. That is NOT an insult that is a fact.

If this Forum Board was better moderated this TROLLING would have not been permitted by any half decent Moderator.

You are the ONLY person who is feeling the need to post in every thread started by someone else and not even addressed to the forum community however small in general.

• Hi Tane,

There's a massive difference between fact and opinion :).
    There are numerous posts on which I have made no comment at all. However, if it concerns me or is of interest to me then I do, and will continue to, comment on it or join in the discussion(s).
    My posts are always polite, respectful, well intentioned albeit that some could be construed as me 'sticking up for myself'. I would do the same for anyone else too.
    I like me because of that :).

• For the record:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into .

What I have said is that your actions when you (for reasons best known to yourself) post on threads directed at the DEVS that does constitute trolling as you ae NOT a DEV and when asked not to reply on that thread by the original poster you keep doing so. That IS by definition TROLLING.

• Oh Tane ! Again I will forgive you for all of this :). It's an open Forum. No player has the right to ask another not to comment if they're not breaking the rules. I don't have that right, you don't have that right, no player has that right. All my posts relate to the topic concerned and/or any questions raised within the post or comments aimed or put to me. I'm off to sleep. Good night and have a lovely day :)

• I cant believe my eyes that players of this game are still exploring the borders of every single rule, just hoping it will create more rules with more borders. If it continues like that I will need a lawyer, to protect myself legally against all those rule addicts. Some people forgot games are made for FUN. The only rules that are broken are those of having fun.

But what lies at the bottom of this discussion ? Maybe a players reaction pretending to be holier than the pope himself, having more wishdom than an oracle, but with opportunistic amnesia and a loyalty worse than judas. Other players are warned, when you take the apple from this snowywhite lookalike, you KNOW it is poisened!!

• Very well put TerraG.

To any extent that I contributed to being a RULE hound (which I am not) I apologise to the community at large.

I will re-iterate though that if the forum was better and more actively moderated some of this would have been nipped in the bud.

So in many ways much of the fault lies with the DEVS.

IF the DEVS are annoyed that some players are being nuisances and so not responding to them when private messages have been sent to them then may I point out that we are their CUSTOMERS! I work where I am in a Customer Service environment and however angry or upset our Customers get it is my job to not get angry in return with them but to try and sort the problem out. Of course at the same time I will not criticise my own work colleagues, as, if the problem is internal then it needs to be sorted internally and the issue not aired in public.

This forum needs a moderator who is at least available 12 hours per day.