when is a bully a bully, and how far must the bullying go for a player to be banned?

• @ any of the official Tentlan Team

when is a bully a bully, and how far must the bullying go, for a player to be banned?

and i am not referring to fake atks ...

i am referring to an attack once or twice a day, by the same player, to render the other player's attempts to play this game untenable. waking up EVERYDAY 7 days a week for months to all troops being wiped and all resources gone ... by a player over 250k higher than the victim.

The player in question is not me btw, but i feel aggrieved by the other players (bully) behaviour ... any time now the victim is going to quit as a result of this bullying, he has almost done so several times.

So, when does bully behaviour become bannable?

• As a player of the game, and thus entitled to comment on posts placed on this Forum (provided my posts are within the rules), I'd like to add my thoughts to this topic.

Re: "an attack once or twice a day".
    To my knowledge it isn't possible to attack the same player more than once a day, unless their city is inactive. In my experience, if a player attacks for a second time they receive an in-game message advising them that they have already looted this city and it is still too weak to defend itself. Presumably there will be a time period (it may be less than 24 hours?) by which the game considers it acceptable for a player to attack another for the second or subsequent time. If a player attacks within the game rules, those rules should be questioned rather than the player's motives/actions.

Re: "to tender the other player's attempts to play this game untenable".
    This seems to infer that a player who attacks another daily is doing so for the sole purpose of preventing them from playing. If a player was attacking another relentlessly and not attacking any others players, I could understand why the player under attack might feel targeted. However, as mentioned above, if the game allows such attacks, it is the game rules that should be questioned.

Re: "waking up everyday 7 days a week for months to all troops being wiped out and resources gone".
    While I can appreciate the frustration of the player under attack (it's happened to us all from time to time), if he/she hasn't attempted to move their troops and/or resources from their city when they go off-line, surely they must take responsibility for their losses?
    Most people are in tribes these days. They could make arrangements to send their troops/resources to another tribe member when they go off-line or send them with an attack to an inactive city or barb camp, making sure the troops and resources return only when the player is back in the game.
    Also, if the attacking player and the player under attack are in tribes, the tribe leader of the one under attack could approach the tribe leader of the attacking player to see if maybe a Non-Aggression Pact or Alliance could be agreed?

Re: "by a player over 250k higher than the victim".
    To my knowledge, the game permits attacks by higher levels on lower levels but does draw a boundary at some point where this cannot happen. Again, it is the game rules that should be questioned, not the attacking player.

Re: "how far must the bullying go, for a player to be banned".
    I do not like real life bullies or cyber bullies. However, attacking the cities of other players is part of the game. It is not in my view bullying. The game rules are available on this Forum. Further, the Tentlan Team have stated on this Forum on numerous occasions that any allegations of rule breaking should be sent to them privately on support@lionmoon.com.

• Has the attacked player tried to discuss with the attacker by in-game message ?
    Most of the time this can be settled down like this or mailing his tribe leader about unfair treatment.

Good luck

Edited once, last by Yax ().

• I guess the attacked player could send an in-game message to the attacker. However, as I've often said before, you wouldn't start a game of chess and then ask your opponent not to take your pieces :(.

Again, why is this unfair treatment? What is unfair about it, the player is within the rules of the game and is probably attacking other players too daily, as this is what the game is about.

• It's unfair because the smaller player can not grow, a person 2 or 3 times their size attacking them day after day after day, losing all troops every day. They cannot do anything about it. Common sense should tell you this..... Kind of hard for a 50k player to defend daily attacks against a 200k player. Again common sense.

Daily attacks from someone 2 or 3 times another player's size in my opinion bullying, it just drives smaller players from the game. I have personally witnessed 5 or 6 players leave the game for this very reason. If some thing isn't done there will be no players left in game.

Regardless if it is a "function of the game" there have been players banned for multiple small attacks per day which is also a "function of the game".

• Players are entitled to consider that a particular rule is unfair, I don't have an issue with that. However, I do not agree that a player attacking other players daily is 'unfair treatment'. The attacking player is playing the game, they are probably attacking numerous players daily. Their intentions are not malicious against the player they are attacking.

I don't agree that the player under attack cannot do anything (as I've said in my earlier post). There are several options to avoid having your troops killed or your resources pillaged.

To be honest, I think the frustration and anger that an attacked player feels (both with the attacking player and at themselves for not having moved their troops/resources) is what's causing him/her to feel bullied. It's natural to feel annoyed, as it when things go wrong in anything, not just this game. However, if a player chooses not to remove their resources or troops then they have to take responsibility for losing them. It is sad if players choose to leave the game rather than take action; not everyone is going to like every game but it is their choice to leave and not the responsibility of the attacking player. If players don't like the fundamental aspects of a game then it probably isn't for them and they can choose instead to play any one of the multitude of other games available on the internet.

My comments remain with the topic raised by the initial post and not with any other issue which has already been dealt with.

• Obviously you don't agree with this post seeings how it is about you. Like I said I have seen 5 or 6 people leave the game because of daily attacks from you. Just keep making excuses for bullying people with daily attacks, but cry to the devs for others using built in functions of the game.

• Let's look at another aspect of this, with the 10% rule for attacking a 500k player can attack a 50k player. Does this seem fair to anyone? The devs have repeatedly stated fair play as an aspect of the game. Seems quite unfair for a 500k player being able to attack a 50k player. Maybe the devs want to rethink the rule/coding on this before they have no player base left.

• Just out of curiosity CeliaPlume, as you're new to Chichen Itza server and not in a tribe, thus would not be likely at this stage to be aware of a player being attacked daily every day on the Chichen Itza server, I assume your opening post related to players on the Uxmal server?

• It's unfair because the smaller player can not grow, a person 2 or 3 times their size attacking them day after day after day, losing all troops every day. They cannot do anything about it. Common sense should tell you this..... Kind of hard for a 50k player to defend daily attacks against a 200k player. Again common sense.

Daily attacks from someone 2 or 3 times another player's size in my opinion bullying, it just drives smaller players from the game. I have personally witnessed 5 or 6 players leave the game for this very reason. If some thing isn't done there will be no players left in game.

Regardless if it is a "function of the game" there have been players banned for multiple small attacks per day which is also a "function of the game".

i have to agree with the post as daily constant attacks for months is bullying. players are not being able to grow and getting sick this will kill this server as they play to have fun, chat to others and someone attack them and wiping them out daily "where is the fun in that" none

• The Russian and Spanish servers of this game are very popular. Players on those servers do not complain about being attacked. They play the game as it was intended to be played. I have no idea why players on the EN servers choose not to play the game in its entirety.

As Bud has said above and he is an experienced player who found the Chi tribe on the first EN server:
    "It is very easy to avoid this by making pochteca's and send them out with your resources, they are slow and you keep everything".

I would have thought tribe leaders would be advising their members how to protect their cities, troops and resources rather than complaining of being attacked when they do nothing at all to avoid it.

• I would have thought tribe leaders would be advising their members how to protect their cities, troops and resources rather than complaining of being attacked when they do nothing at all to avoid it.

Love it that you blame others for your actions, and are personally responsible for numerous players leaving the game.

As Bud has said above and he is an experienced player who found the Chi tribe on the first EN server:
    "It is very easy to avoid this by making pochteca's and send them out with your resources, they are slow and you keep everything".

Kind of hard to do this, when you start a train of troops, come back a couple hours later when it should be done and find all the troops you just trained are dead again.

• Hi there Lone Wolf. Your first comment is one you have made several times. It is merely a personal attack at me, which is not the purpose of this Forum. I forgive you of course but I would rather hear something more constructive, less hostile and less personal. As I have said previously, you can contact the Tentlan team privately on support@lionmoon.com if you have an issue with their rules or decisions.

Secondly, I'm not 'blaming' anyone, simply pointing out that in my view players must take responsibility for losing troops and/or resources when attacked if they have made no effort to move them. I have seen comments in global chat from players who agree with me on this. You, of course, are entitled to disagree. I am also airing my view that tribe leaders/council members ought to be advising their members on how to best play and succeed at the game. Do you not agree that they should?

Thirdly, anyone who leaves the game has the right to do so for whatever (their own) reasons. I appreciate that some players may decide the game isn't for them. In my view, however, the departing player is solely responsible for the decision to leave. As can be observed from the number of inactive cities on the in-game World Map, many players have tried the game and found it not to their taste.

Finally, I do not agree that it is 'kind of hard' to move resources and troops from your city when you are under attack and/or off-line. Many players are able to do this and as a result they have not been attacked or they have not lost troops and/or resources. To use the example quoted in your post, if a player chooses to train troops and 'come back later' they alone are responsible for anything that happens while they are not paying attention to the game and thus not noticing incoming attacks or spy missions. I suspect many players leave because they cannot provide the commitment needed to succeed in the game and/or are not able or prepared to understand it enough.

By all means, let's share our thoughts and views on this Forum but let's be mature and civil about it rather than resorting to personal digs and hostility.

• Thirdly, anyone who leaves the game has the right to do so for whatever (their own) reasons. I appreciate that some players may decide the game isn't for them. In my view, however, the departing player is solely responsible for the decision to leave. As can be observed from the number of inactive cities on the in-game World Map, many players have tried the game and found it not to their taste.

The only reason the number of people that I have seen leave the game is and I quote "daily attacks from Froxy, killing all my troops.... can't grow." But of course you will read that how ever you feel. Like I said I know for a fact you are personally responsible for 5 or 6 people leaving the game because you are a bully. Plain and simple.

• Finally, I do not agree that it is 'kind of hard' to move resources and troops from your city when you are under attack and/or off-line. Many players are able to do this and as a result they have not been attacked or they have not lost troops and/or resources. To use the example quoted in your post, if a player chooses to train troops and 'come back later' they alone are responsible for anything that happens while they are not paying attention to the game and thus not noticing incoming attacks or spy missions. I suspect many players leave because they cannot provide the commitment needed to succeed in the game and/or are not able or prepared to understand it enough.

Obviously you can't read as I said, "Kind of hard to do this, when you start a train of troops, come back a couple hours later when it should be done and find all the troops you just trained are dead again." No troops can't move resources.... doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out...