when is a bully a bully, and how far must the bullying go for a player to be banned?

• ok.. now all of you have hijacked my post for your own ends ..... here are some answers

i might be new on the 3rd server, but have managed a high level on another server and have been kicking ass there.... but if you read the ~FIRST LINE OF THE POST

MY QUESTION WAS TO THE ADMINS .. NOT PLAYERS ....

it was concerning a whiny little mf, who i was unfortunate enough to share a tribe with, who was being picked on daily ... I WANT THE OFFICIAL LINE... not what you all THINK

• Hi Celia,
    This is a public forum for the use of all players who are entitled to respond to any post within Forum guidelines and rules. As stated in a previous reply, if you do not wish to have player comments, you can email the Tentlan Team on support@lionmoon.com.
    My comment about the server on which you had previously played were in response to Lone Wolf's comments that your post referred to me, when clearly it did not. In my view, your perception of your playing technique on another server is irrelevant to the subject of your post.
    It is not necessary to use upper case in the context in which you have and could be seen by some as offensive/rude, nor is it acceptable to use abbreviations for personal insults (or indeed to make any personal insults) against other players.
    Perhaps if you adjust the tone of your post and clarify exactly what it is about which you wish to complain or seek advice on, you will achieve your objective.

• I know what you mean. I was attacked 3 times today by Foxy. In 2 different cities. Yes It is incredibly annoying. I lost a lot of troops. I do feel like I'm being bullied.

• Hi Lisa,
    I'm sorry to hear that you feel the way you do. It's not clear from your post whether you consider me responsible for your feelings of being bullied. Just in case you do, I do not consider that I am in any way responsible for those feelings, they are yours alone.
    Would you prefer it if no player attacked any other player? Unfortunately, that isn't the way the game works or the way it was intended to work. There are, however, numerous other computer games that may better suit you.
    Would you prefer if I attacked anyone else but you? Again, that is not how the game works and I can assure you that I attack numerous other players every day.
    This was the first day on which I have attacked any of your cities. At this stage in the game there are less cities to attack, thus those who the game deems suitable for me to attack will inevitably be attacked at some point.
    If you want your troops and resources to be safe when you are offline, you can send them elsewhere until you return to the game. Had you done this in this instance, you would still have them. As you chose not to do this, you are responsible for the losses, not me.
    I as a person am not attacking you as a person. This is a game - virtual troops attack virtual cities, kill other virtual troops and pillage virtual resources.
    Again, I am sorry that you feel bullied - perhaps this is not the game for you.

• Foxy, you are a bully. Plain and simple. I don't know how you could not understand that simple concept. A child could understand it. Also You are breaking the rules.

• Hi Lisa,
    This Forum is not for personal insults. I find it sad that you feel the need to resort to that level. It is not something I will lower myself to do in response, however. As the Tentlan team have stated on this Forum numerous times, if you believe I am breaking any game rules, please email them privately on support@lionmoon.com.
    I do hope that you will at some point appreciate that this is a game and that I (and others) are playing it as it is intended to be played. If you wish to seek confirmation of the latter from the Tentlan Team also, I have no doubt whatsoever that they will oblige.

• Leaving this game, Grepolis may have been gold driven but this game is head and shoulders above that moneyed level. Turquoise to buy a full weeks immunity from attacks even those that get wiped out. Yours survive and in a five drawn battle, some of mine die. So, I cannot even attack back because there is no purpose except to make the guy use up a lot of cocoa repairing his loses.

Had FOUR enemy attackers attack me all day long in a staggered manner in order to force me out. This dodging and need to stick to the puter is ridiculous and that hyena like attack was bullying at best.

I sent all my units to another and asked him to attack after I left the alliance. This has been a tremendous waste of time.

Other thing, I simply cannot find a LEAVE option to quit. So simply will ask others of my alliance to attack and become inactive.

• I have been bullied numerous times by another player. I want legal action from game administration to be taken on him for his actions. Who should I report to?

• Let's look at another aspect of this, with the 10% rule for attacking a 500k player can attack a 50k player. Does this seem fair to anyone? The devs have repeatedly stated fair play as an aspect of the game. Seems quite unfair for a 500k player being able to attack a 50k player. Maybe the devs want to rethink the rule/coding on this before they have no player base left.

I review and play a lot of games, and with the PvP format it is unfortunately the case that some people (probably those with huge insecurity issues) don't play against others at their level but instead look for easy targets in smaller players and harass them to the point they are forced to leave the game. Barbarians are present to be the "I'm just in the mood to attack stuff" target. And while I don't get into it so much a battle between two similar level players I can see as challenging. I like boxing too - but I would not enjoy seeing a heavyweight punch up a lightweight.

Unfortunately the formula of many game makers is to take advantage of this to try to goad players into spending $ in order to compete. That is why that same formula is applied over and over in almost every MMOG. I was hoping it wasn't the case in this game but based on what I'm reading it's the same old thing.

IMHO there should be a narrowing of the player point range to make this not happen as much, you can also limit how many attacks vs players you can do more and increase the number allowed for Barbarians. Most importantly allow more reasonable storage protection for resources and troops so that a smaller number of losses of both occur. What I would like to see most is a "peace" or "war" status for players that a player that has specified "peace" cannot attack or be attacked. To change state back and forth (because I am sure many would change to War then attack a lot then change to Peace and say "don't touch me now I'm tired') there should be a penalty or time delay or cost.

However I expect that like most other MMOG's this one will continue to try to milk its players as much as possible and rely on the nature of those with small 'personal appendages' to compensate by overpowering those weaker than them. It's money for the makers after all...

There are some games out there (check my page) that avoid this and still maintain a huge following and generate large revenues. I expect more and more players will move to those systems and some MMOG's will simply be collections of the same Warlords endlessly spending time/resources/money trying to outdo each other.

I hope I'm wrong - as time goes by I'm sure I'll find out one way or another.

Best wishes all and good luck.