Gameplay hindrance

• I've seen some topics in the matter, but none of them seems to clarify my doubts. So I gotta ask what is it that is considered "Gameplay hindrance"?? I've been defeated recently, but since my buildings and research are high, my points didn't drop so dramatically; however the player that defeated me can still attack me and does so, repeatedly. I'm trying to rebuild my army, but can't cause everytime I get to 1000 units, they simply kill them. They're not interested in the resources (As they spy all my cities and all have a bit more than 1 million of every resource) they are simply keeping me from making an army. As for today, and not counting the first attack, 2 weeks ago, i've being spied 10 times and attacked 3.

• Hi Earthbird,

As you can read in §4 of the rules of the game;

§ 4. Gameplay hindrance

It is not permitted to knowingly and deliberately hinder other players from accessing the game, or to substantially impede their gameplay, for example, through sending a large and disproportional amount of attacks/spy missions, or by any other means that result in substantial hindrance or impossibility to load and/or use the game software. The support team will determine in each particular case if gameplay hindrance took place, and apply sanctions where necessary.

In your particular case, the player attacks you to kill your troops, never blocking you or stopping you from accessing the game.

Já fizeste "gosto" na nossa página do facebook?? Acompanha aqui todas as novidades do Tentlan.

• In your particular case, the player attacks you to kill your troops, never blocking you or stopping you from accessing the game.

You do realise that it IS blocking my gameplay, right? I cannot train new units and cannot attack barbarian camps. And I'm never too weack to gain the protection after the attack

• Blocking access to the game is very different from .... IS blocking my gameplay.
    What your opponent is doing to you is preventing your army's growth.

As I said earlier, the Tenochtitlan server is an international war server, and each player chooses their game strategy.

In this particular case, there is no violation of the rules of the game.

Já fizeste "gosto" na nossa página do facebook?? Acompanha aqui todas as novidades do Tentlan.

• Blocking access to the game is very different from .... IS blocking my gameplay.
    What your opponent is doing to you is preventing your army's growth.

As I said earlier, the Tenochtitlan server is an international war server, and each player chooses their game strategy.

In this particular case, there is no violation of the rules of the game.

Hi Earthbird,

As you can read in §4 of the rules of the game;

In your particular case, the player attacks you to kill your troops, never blocking you or stopping you from accessing the game.

Yeah, it is in the rules and that's why I asked in the first place. Also, I'm not in that server, I come from Cihuatán.

@Earthbird please send us an email to support@lionmoon.com including the player names involved, server and rough estimation of how many when the attacks ocurred. It's very well possible that it's breaching the rule but we'll have to review it to confirm.

Thank you, I did as you asked. It's not that I cannot tolerate defeat, but this way I cannot even fight back.

• i dont understand exactly how can i prevent a player from connecting to the game ?

is there any limit beyond the limit that is made ingame for attacks ?

if the player has 8 cities, amy i allowed to spy all of them at once ? what is the definition of "disproportional amount" ?

• i dont understand exactly how can i prevent a player from connecting to the game ?

One wonders, right? I guess they meant an aliance of players that attack at the same time 4 players 10 journeys for player, it can overload the software... but I'm curious if this is true

• The most important use case that is covered under § 4 Game hindrance is when one player starts sending units via attack or espionage, with the purpose of molesting and harassing the other player (as opposed to attacking ot spying in order to win a battle or obtain a spy report, which, of course, is a legitimate purpose and is allowed). For this, that player would keep sending units one by one, or would send them multiple times in a row, so that the activity icon of the other player would keep blinking non-stop, the ingame mail box would get full of not revelant battle or spy reports, which would prevent the defender from taking any action or using his/her game account in the first place.

We have had cases when player A was sending player B spies one by one all day long, which was certainly done not for obtaining a spy report. Or when player A kept attacking player B with one lancer all day long, which amounted to lots of attacks and prevented player Y from using their account. It is first of all such cases that are meant by this paragraph.

This paragraph, however, does not mean a limitaiton of attacks or spying missions per se; but it does mean a limitation, or rather, a prohibition of spamming other players with attacks/spying the way described above. Hope this clarifies the purpose and the use case of § 4.

• In other words, you don't have to worry that you'll get banned if you send one attack or spy too many. You'll know when you are breaching this rule, because you have to be deliberately, unrelentingly spamming another player with attacks or spies for the sake of bothering the other player.

• And spamming attacks on player is bad because? In normal game this game is incredibly peace loving game.

• You cant destroy anything else than wall level to level 1
    • You cant take all res people have
    • With cave you can hide large enough sums to hide enough res to keep building ques up for some time.
    • Market can hide extra res as grain
    • Grain cannot be stolen

Right now loosing all the troops is really the thing that sends people packing. Army building takes months and that work is lost in minutes. Since attack speeds are just ridiculous. Also since in battle bigger is better. There really is only 1 army that is good. Rest will get knocked down one by one.

Now what about fakes. Continues fakes add pressure to enemy tribe. Making them spread armies or lose res rapidly. Fact is that you are taking away from smaller players. If continuous fakes are not allowed. You are favoring big hammers. Now sure watch tower can render these 2 man attacks useless. But I dont really understand why this isint allowed.

• Sending fakes is permitted, spamming a player with fakes non-stop is not.

also dont forget when spam atacks to inmobilize threats, some players like to move cities so u spam atacks long hours to prevent move, also, sendibg trops is considering spam?, i mean instead of atack or spy ucan transfer 1 pochteca so u can block that player for using tikal

• also dont forget when spam atacks to inmobilize threats, some players like to move cities so u spam atacks long hours to prevent move, also, sendibg trops is considering spam?, i mean instead of atack or spy ucan transfer 1 pochteca so u can block that player for using tikal

Well this is turquoise feature. I personally would put game play/tactics before extra money features. Meaning that they should think about these things and fix them instead of making game restricting rules.

One way would be that to that town that is being moved by Tikal. All incoming attacks get destination coordinates [??]:[??] and future attacks are disabled until move is done.Move will be done once attacks are either called back or reached their target. All old links should go to old town coordinates.

• You still don't get it. What you are not allowed to do is make the game impossible to play physically. If your target cannot push his troops button because his system is not working due to 280 incoming attacks, that's cheating.

Making another player's clicking unresponsive is what's not allowed.

• One might wonder what have you done if you have 280 incoming attacks in this game. That is not just something that happens by one bad individual.

You still don't get it.

You are right.. I dont. Thats why I hope to clarify things for myself. Since as I understand this is suppose to be a war game. Not build your market in peace game.

Sending fakes is permitted, spamming a player with fakes non-stop is not.

Where is the problem with sending constant fakes. Is it like Monce said. Some turquoise features cannot be used because of this.. Meaning you cant run away from attacks. Or could server "overheat" making account unusable. What happens on other side of that account that is attacked?

• yes the server can overheat. A whole tribe once sent multiple attacks and spys at the same time. Several players sent 10 missions from every town they had to the same target. The result was that the guy targeted could not use any function of the game. His account overheated, as you said. He was not able to open his troops window, or do ANYTHING at all. All he had was red dots on the bottom of his screen, and connexion failure messages. So he was unable to move his army out of town, even though he was connected. I think that's what created this rule in the first place.

Of course it's a war game. And every player has the right to be able to use all features provided by the game. We are not talking about strategical choices in the game, we are talking about running the program.

• Yes... I was up that bloody night... And remembered the tragical lost of million of points due to this... now I see the server are also clearly better protected against this kind of DDOS attack (I don't see more appropriate definition)

Making the game unplayable is clearly not permitted and it's the result of this kind of action.
    You should be able to avoid this and kill your opponent "à la loyale" isn't it ?

(Ok this don't serve the discussion sorry for my "revival" trip...)