Posts by Pinkki Barbaari

I see no reason why units should not be merged.. They are very important part of everyones account. Some have mainly build army only so they can build buildings later.

About the peacekeaper role.. Well sure community can always try to fix what ever is broken. For me I dont think newbie protection is that broken that it needs to be fixed. Newbie protection is actually pretty fair. Since there is no way to demolish buildings and so on... Problems I see are not about having big, tech, big army and large bonuses from festival/buildings.. Problem is that once you have those and others dont.. awhile they arent that far away from your level.. you are way too unbeatable.

Its not about me having too many units that I had build and sweat for.. Its not about that others have too few.. Its about units that dont have enough roles so others could find other ways to defeat me than just by building more troops than I have.. What I dont like is that by looking at high score.. you ca see.. who is enjoying the game and who is not.

Sure Im tactical player and hard to be hit.. I could think 100 ways to cripple, annoy and ultimately destroy my opponents.. I have needed experience and stamina to handle 100 incoming attacks and play for 1-2 years in war. All that is no new thing in online games for me. For me war is fun.. getting spyed is invite for my troops.. and not everyone thinks the way I do when it comes enjoying war games..

Still result you see.. is result of unbalanced mechanics. Deeper you go with how troops work, how spying works, how attacking works, bonuses.. man it justs screams broken..

For instance.. What if you have level 25 spy tech.. its easy to get.. Sure but now someone has level 26.. Well whoopsie.. Its mainly luck if you can get a report from that player. So now what. Did you just spend all that coco for nothing.. well no.. and yes. But one fact is certain.. Your spy defence.. is garbage after that.. so that means you are running blind until you can get 3 whole levels over that person. Overall I think Mopas had decent suggestion on spying.

Spying tech as it is right now.. is just too valuable.. at the same time as it is.. way too overpowered for players more established in server.. Hence it makes overly hard for younger players to achieve necessary levels on it.

Troops are just bigger, more, better.. Haul bonuses for victory.. this requires no freaking strategy. Once you understand it.. its just race for larger army.. And the ones who are going to get it.. are the ones with most players in alliance. In order to bring some strategy in fighting.. we need more roles and gifting troops needs to stop. Atleast for then its more meaningful to have "alliance vs alliance fights."

Map is too small and troops too fast.. If we want new players to be succesfull then they need some breathing room. New players should not be treated as amazon factories for big bad top 3..

EDIT: In order to strategy game not to be broken.. THERE HAS TO BE. More than one or two ways to play the game.. If game is only for farms and farmers.. then sorry. Game is broken. And it will never welcome solid community with large numbers of players.. Just bored survivors..

The quit rate.. well I have a feeling that its large too.. Not just with beginners on every server, but also with established players. With the established players problems can be solved better in my opinion.

Here is the situation in my server. Players under top 7 dont have enough points to even have army that I have in my account. Number 2 in this picture has 0 points in units. Unless 15k or so arent in recovery. How do I know.. well because I killed those troops he had. Before that he had about 1.1 million points. And now he is quitting. On this list there is at least 3 players that have future as gray account and 1 that already is.

Also me.. Well I have the power to clear everyone of these player from their armys.. Because only thing stopping me.. well is me. Im only one with fire festival. Im only one that has villages far away from each other. Also I have 4-8 level difference in spy tech.. to every one here.

Now why is this broken? Well..

Nature of this game is race.. All the players are racing towards certain things. Spy tech, jaguars, fire festivals Ek Chuah, level 7 barbarians.. faster you are better you are and bigger you become.. And bigger is better in this game. Still in the end.. its a race.. and so if you arent racing for the right things.. you will fall down. on your face and say adios... Because of that nature of this game.. learning curve is brutal, quit rate is huge and point difference between top 1 and 10 can be huge.

Also we have large problem with the fact smaller players dont have tools to fight against larger ones. Spying favors too much large players.. I can literally see everything my opponents are doing just by sending spys out.. No use to hide troops in Tambo. On top of that. Game is fast and there is not much difference where you are in map.. Its hard for any alliance to create their base area..

In the end this game revolves just way too much on bonuses, unit types, festivals.. That what it lacks is balance. Game needs to give small players tools to compete with big guys. IF 10million account and 1 million account could have fair change to clash.. then this game is balanced.. But that is not the case..

Focusing on newb protection wont solve anything.

.. Edit.. man this is barely readable..Maybe I must edit my thoughts.. later.. Dont want to make you wait too long.

In short I would like to have more depth in fight mechanics and in social aspects of this game before merging servers.. Maybe then we wont scare away good players that just warent ready for possibly un-even fight.

Well I have just became number one in my server and in my opinion this game is broken in many ways. Its most clear when you look top 100 in any server. Also look at people that arent confident that new players are going to emerge and rise in high scores.. What does that tell you..

Personally I think we need more balanced game that could really justify merges. Not merges that justify problems in game balance. I will give you examples of this later.. but think about it..

Kelataas ensin muutama viikko taaksepäin serverin historiaan. BrF ei ollut vielä muodostunut Pappan toimesta ja Eläkkeellä sekä HaH liitolla oli yhteinen vihollinen Kekchi. Kesken kaiken Kikkade kävi 3 pelaajamme kimppuun. Ensimmäisestä kuultiin päivä tai kaksi hyökkäyksen jälkeen ja se sovittiin Papan kanssa. Toinen ja kolmas tuli Papan ja minun neuvottelujen jälkeen ja kun oli sovittu, että rauhaa jatketaan. Minkä seurauksena nollasin Kikkaden joukot. Papan kanssa sovittiin uudestaan rauhasta, mutta nyt Nezumi hyökkäs. Sappokas menetti joukkonsa ja Nezumi, lista ykkönen menetti armeijansa kun kävin kostamassa.

Tämän jälkeen Pappa ei enään sopinut asiasta vaan antoi hyväksyntänsä Nezumin ja Kikkaden toimille. Samoin teki koko muukin liitto ja Eläke keräsi kasaan armeijasa kostaakseen minulle. Itse olin menettänyt Nezumille 18k jousia.. Joten oli pakko väistää. Hyökkäykset lopulta jäi tusinaan epäonnistuneita vakoiluja ja yhteen hyökkäykseen. Eläke oli siis aloittanut sodan. Kekchin kanssa HaH sopi rauhan ja alkoi valmistella vasta iskua varten. Aikaa siinä meni ja Eläke osittain hajosi kun Tapio-täti omi Eläkkeen yhessä kasatun armeijan.

Eillen aamusta aloitin hissukseen Eläke liiton kiusaamisen. Ensin höökin neljän noin 100k pisteen pelaajalle. Jotta eivät armeijaa kasaa heti uudestaan kun se on lyöty. Illasta sit tulikin vakoilua isommilta ja loukattu Aulis lähetti viestiä. Tämä Kikkaden ja Nezumin sanelu politiikan uhri todennäköisesti janosi kostoa. Sapokas ja sartturi lähettivätkin pian joukkonsa minulle ja minä rupesin lunastamaan palkintoja tehtävistä. Peräti 175% voimaa ja 125% kestävyyttä sain kokoon. Sekä lukuisija apiloita ja nopeus bonuksia. Hyökkäys lähetettiin sit matkaan ja tulijuhla päälle.

Sapokas, Sartturi ja Pinkki Barbaari vs Eläke
    http://tentlan.gamehelper.net/…4254BD6FAA1E368E187DE39D2
    + muutamia pienempiä taistoja myöhemmin

Sapokas, Sartturi ja Pinkki Barbaari vs TO_MIKO
    http://tentlan.gamehelper.net/…8ECF957FEFEC08463432BC3C8

Taistelut viime yöltä päättyivät siis HaH liiton voittoon, mutta sota jatkuu... Eläkkeestä massamuutto on alkanut.

Spy system needs to be more balanced for sure. Its cheapest form of defense and because it works like it does. Its impossible to build defensive traps. Def traps dont work if attackers know where they are.. Right now game is pretty much 1vs1 type of game. Meaning in short amount of time that ranking board will look very thin.. and difference between 1-20 is huge. If spying would be more balanced.. Average alliance with 3 million points and 30 members could actually beat 1million point player..

Last thing is.. walls need to be more effective.. 300 archers could literally beat any wall. level 40 wall that can be destroyed level by level.. Way too expensive.. just build extra units..

Kyseessä on vapaalla kädellä tehty käännös ja lopussa on kirjoittajan kooste. Kirjotusvirheitä on ja tulee olemaan jatkossakin. Toivottavasti tämä kuitenkin auttaa uusia pelin sisään.

Alkuperäinen opas ja läjä muita on englanniksi seuraavien linkkien takana.

FAQ - Guides
    FAQ - 9. Barbarian camps

Barbaarien leirit

Kuinka monta kertaa päivässä voin raidata barbaareja?

-5 kertaa päivässä ja turkooseja maksamalla useammin. Turkoosi kustannukset nousevat jokaisen barbaari leirin jälkeen. 6 hyökkäys maksaa 5, 7 hyökkäys 10 , 8 hyökkäys 20 ja kustannukset nousevat saman kaavan mukaan tästä eteenpäin. Kunnes päivä vaihtuu ja uudet leirit tulevat.

Koska barbaari leirit nollaantuvat ja uusi kierros alkaa?

Joka päivä kello 2.00 CET (GMT+1) eli 3.00 aamulla suomessa.

Mistä näkee kuinka monta hyökkäystä on vielä jäljellä?

Maailmankarta oikeassa alakulmassa näkyy seuraava kuva joka kertoo kuinka monta hyökkäystä sinulla on käytettävissä.

Kun kaikki hyökkäykset on käytetty tilalle tulee ajastin joka kertoo kuinka kauan aikaa kestää, että uusi kierros alkaa.

Kuinka monta kertaa on mahdollista hyökätä barbaari leiriin ennenkuin se katoaa?

5 kertaa. (Hyökkäykset voivat tulla eri pelaajilta.)

Sen jälkeen kun barbaari leiriin on hyökätty 5 kertaa ja se katoaa. Tuleeko tilalle uusi?

Kyllä. Jokainen kylä johon on hyökätty kerran 24h aikana vaihtuu seuraavassa syklissä ja leirit jotka katoavat uusiutuvat 6 tunnin välein. Alkaen 6.45 CET

Kuinka monta meripihkakiveä on mahdollista saada päivässä?

1 per päivä ja joskus harvoin on mahdollista saada useampi jos on onnekas.

Kuinka monta yksikköä tarvii barbaari leirejä vastaan?

Vakoilemalla kohteen saat selville mitä yksiköitä kohteessa on ja simulaattorilla mitä yksiköitä tarvitset kaataaksesi kohteen.

Saman ikonin voi löytää myös vakoilu raportista ja se siirtää vastustajan yksiköt sekä rakennukset auttomaattisesti simulaattoriin.

Tämän jälkeen voit kokeilla erillaisia yhdistelmiä kaataaksesi kohteen.

Tässä on muutamia esimerkkejä kylistä:

1. tason kylä, vähän joukkoja/ vähän resuja
    http://tentlan.gamehelper.net/…F814E54921EA73D72F1682827
    15 keihästä

2. Tason kylä,
    http://tentlan.gamehelper.net/…5D89C098F48E7F7478A28C6DC
    300 keihästä/ 150 jouskaria ja 5 polomia

3. Tason kylä
    http://tentlan.gamehelper.net/…E07415803BE39E179B0A0820B
    200 jouskaria ja 40 polomia

4.Tason kylä
    http://tentlan.gamehelper.net/…8394F33631D629C6731196FF7
    1000 metsästäjää ja 40 polomia

5. Tason kylä
    http://tentlan.gamehelper.net/…EB27324639DED3DB26513DE23
    750 kotkaa ja 300 jaguaria

Kylät ovat aina samanlaisia ellei joku ole kerennyt hyökätä niihin ensin.

Kyseessä on vapaalla kädellä tehty käännös ja lopussa on kirjoittajan kooste. Kirjotusvirheitä on ja tulee olemaan jatkossakin. Toivottavasti tämä kuitenkin auttaa uusia pelin sisään.

Alkuperäinen opas ja läjä muita on englanniksi seuraavien linkkien takana.

FAQ - Guides
    FAQ - 8.3. Espionage

Vakoilu

- Kuinka voin vakoilla barbaareja ja muita pelaajia?

Mene "maailmankarttaan" ja klikkaa vakoiltavaa kohdetta. Klikkaus avaa valikon jossa yksi
    vaihtoehdoista on "vakooja". Klikkaa sitä.

Kun olet sohaissut silmää hiirellä. Aukeaa uusi ikkuna jonka vasemmalla puolella on
    yksiköt ja oikealla tehtävän yksityiskohdat. Valitse kuinka monta vakoojaa haluat lähettää
    ja paina lähetä. Tässä vaiheessa voit vielä tarkistaa, että varmasti sohaisit silmää ja valittu
    tehtävä on vakooja. Tarkista myös kuinka paljon viljaa tehtävä kuluttaa ja että sinulla on
    tarvittava määrä.

Mitä tarvitaan, että on mahdollisuus onnistua vakoilussa?

Tentlanissa on useita tekijöitä jotka määrittää onko vakoilu onnistunut vai ei.

1.) Vakoilu teknologioiden ero vakoilijan ja vakoiltavan välillä.

Yleisesti ottaen mitä korkeampi vakoilun taso on vastustajaan nähden sitä parempi mahdollisuus sinulla on joko torjua vakoilu tai onnistua vakoilussa. Jo 3 tason ero on ratkaiseva.

2.) Vakoojien määrä

Lähettämällä enemmän vakoojia voit koittaa kompensoida pienempää tutkimuksen tasoa, mutta jos lähetät liian monta nostat kiinnijäämisen mahdollisuutta.Jos taas lähetät liian vähän voi raportti olla vajaa. Nämä seikat kun pitää mielessä voi koittaa tasapainotella oikealla suhteela joukkoja. Vakoojasi voivat jäädä kiinni myös kohteessa jossa ei ole vakoojia. Mikäli vastustajan taso on korkeampi ja hänellä on muita joukkoja kylässä.

3.) Kohde kaupungin joukkojen määrä

Kaikkien yksiköiden määrä vaikuttaa myös vakoojien kiinnijäämis riskiin.

Mitä tarvitaan, että saa kaiken oleellisen tiedon kohteesta?
    Raportissa nähtävän tiedon määrä määräytyy seuraavista tekijöistä.

1.) Vakoilu tutkimuksen suuruus verrattaen vastustajaan.

2.) Lähetettyjen vakoojien määrä. Mitä suurempi taso vastustajalla on sitä enemmän vakoojia tarvitaan kokonaisen raportin laatimiseen.

Sain raportin, mutta se ei sisällä tietoja kohteesta?

Vaikka vakoilu olisikin onnistunut, niin raportti voi olla tyhjä. Tämä johtuu siitä, että tutkimuksesi taso on liian matala vastustajaan nähen tai et lähettänyt tarpeeksi vakoojia.

Saako pelaaja aina tiedon siitä, että häntä on vakoiltu?

Kyllä, vakoiltu pelaaja saa aina huomioihin ilmoituksen ja kummatkin pelaajat saavat taisteluraportin jos vakoojat jäävät kiinni.

Miten saan selville lähettämäni vakoilun lopputuloksen?

Kun vakoilet mitä tahansa kohdetta saat aina raportin. Saat myös ilmoituksen huomiot alueelle.

Vastustaja vuorostaan saa omalle huomiot alueelleen vastaavan viestin tuloksesta riippumatta. Raportin jos hän saa vakoojat kiinni.

Vakoojani jäivät kiinni ja sain tasteluraportin. Voinko silti saada vakoiluraportin jos voitan taistelun?

Kyllä, vakooja voi saada tietoja kohteesta vaikka jäisikin kohteessa kiinni. Tämä edellyttää, että taistelu päättyy tasan tai hyökkääjä, että voittaa taistelun. Toisin sanoen vähintään 1 vakooja on jäätävä henkiin.

Ajattelin lähtee kääntää oppaita hissukseen suomeksi, mutta vois varmaan apua tarvita. Lukihäiriöinenkin olen, joten mun kirjoittamana ne vilisis tonneittain virheitä ja oisivat ehkä osittain vaikeaselkoisia. Jos siis apua löytyy niin olisin valmis jakamaan taakkaa sekä korjaamaan omia töherryksiäni. Anyways.. Onko innokkaita?

Ajattelin itse aloittaa Vakoilusta ja Barbaareista.

So i have to agree with the people above, but in my eyes, everything in future server merges should be merged.

But the units/soldiers should not be merged!

Im sorry, but this is just stupid. I have always build MUCH larger army than my level. Its my way to survive. In 200k account maybe 40% is purely army. That said.. larger players have much better production, barracks, spying and tech.. They will win troop building competition.. easy. On top of that lots of players have bought units and paid to keep them alive. Should these players to be refunded?

Bigger is better.. Just like Mopas said. if you want fairnes and to survive. Well you have better luck with fresh account than with 1mill account that has fixed everything. Im guessing you cant move your villages to the edge of the map. Even that is screwed if any of their alliance member joins next to you.

All this leads that Tentlan has killed your game and they could have just as well killed your server too. RhondaKing´s point of view is impossible to understand if person who made the game dosent play it. Moho said in another topic that tentlan devs dont play the game themselves. Which worrys me personally. How can they balance the game if they dont understand pains and victorys of those who play it.

If I understand you correctly. In your server there is one player clearly above the rest. Since he has become so strong others are pretty much sucked dry and they cannot achieve needed defense to deal with this problem.

Well this is balance problem in the game. Game it self is build with general idea bigger is better. To the point that at some point there is no need for real strategy. add money to equation and some features could make this player to be virtually invincible.

In my view fight system need lot of work. Mainly in 3 areas.

Units: def and attack values

If units would be more effective in def battle or in off battle. Then differences between 1-100 would become lot smaller.. Since players would always have option to be balanced, defense turtle or raiding barbarian. There would always be option that huge attack force could be annihilated by smaller timed counter force that lands in same second.

Time and city placing: Strength in buddies

Because attacks are so fast and large distances seem really small even to large armies. War becomes more like small game of tag where winner takes it all. In my opinion we shouldnt be able to give away troops, nor should we be able to move troops to where ever in our cities.. unless its def mission and units are drawn back to their original starting point.

The very least players should be given possibility to siege another city and then stop movement to that city. Giving players a change to areal supremacy. Forcing cost to invading army to be too large.

Game also lacks natural barriers, Which would protect smaller alliances or give them change to gain upper hand in certain areas in map.. even if they dont have the largest army. These barrier could also affect movement times. Which are just too fast. I can attack far away places in 10min or so.. Which means small target with rich opportunities. Are just hammered awhile they go to toilet.. This game should really give their players a chance for sleep and toilet brakes.

Losses:

Some troops could and should avoid death in defense loss. Also at the same time bonuses like 100% bonus.. should be take away. Thats just.. stupid. Personally I would set up the losses in 3 categories. Narrow loss 5% survive and regroup after some time. Loss 15% units regroup after some time. Overwhelming loss 50% units regroup after some time. Add to that that 30% of units could be resurrected.. For attacker there is change to get 5%/10%/20% in case of loss. + max 30% after healing.

If there isint any healing of units. I would wish that poloms, spies and pochteca units could be saved if there is no battle taking place.

Im from Finland and im wondering if Finland, Sweden and Norway will get their own areas in forums? Also because the way I see it Finnish server Mayapan seems rather small. How likely is it that we will merge with other nordic servers and is that reason why we havet got our own forum areas?

Shamans cost grain like any other unit in game. Its also costly to move them. Grain is pretty much only thing that limits you havin limitless troops. So I really dont understand what is the situation where you really need shamans. At any point in game.

If I have 5000 jaguar warriors.. I would rather add 5000 more of them than 50.000 shamans. That just dosent make any sense to me.. 50.000 shamans cost 10 times more grain and they still lose. Where is the upside here?

Only use I can think of for them is meat shield against Amazons