Espionage success/failure/battle

• I saw in the FAQ and guides that your spies will fail if your Espionage level is too much lower than the target's, or if you send too many spies. Yet, sending more spies is also the way to compensate for a large difference in Espionage level.

I tried to spy someone of a much lower score than me, but failed. They spied me back, and succeeded. How do I know whether this is because they've put extra into espionage or if I sent too many spies?

More in general, if someone's espionage is high enough, can they spy without being notified until after the fact? That is: I know the target of espionage always receives a notification once they've been spied, but if I actually see the spy troops moving, does that mean their espionage is low or do you see them no matter what?

As for it coming to a battle in the case of the spies being intercepted, does this happen automatically or do I have to see the spies in my activity window and actively start the fight?

Anything anyone has noticed along these lines would be helpful.

• The one with the least points does not necessarily mean that he has a spy level lower than yours, there are players who worry about climbing their tower and spying to avoid being seen and thus avoid being attacked

Always when you approach hostile troops, you see the amount that is coming depends on your tower

The spies enter battle when they are discovered, depending on your level of espionage and if there are troops in the city

• I saw in the FAQ and guides that your spies will fail if your Espionage level is too much lower than the target's, or if you send too many spies. Yet, sending more spies is also the way to compensate for a large difference in Espionage level.

I tried to spy someone of a much lower score than me, but failed. They spied me back, and succeeded. How do I know whether this is because they've put extra into espionage or if I sent too many spies?

More in general, if someone's espionage is high enough, can they spy without being notified until after the fact? That is: I know the target of espionage always receives a notification once they've been spied, but if I actually see the spy troops moving, does that mean their espionage is low or do you see them no matter what?

Most important thing is spy tech level. If you have 4 level advantage over your opponent then its highly unlikely that you will ever lose. This means that if you have 27 and opponent has 25. Then other factors start to play bigger role. But as soon you build 28 or 29 level spy tech. You will lose about 1/100 sent spy missions. You could even send 1 spy with entire army and.. even then you are not likely to get noticed.

When spying its also fruitful to spy targets other villages. You might get partial report. Telling his spy level. Then you know what to aim for. If you happen to know his army is moving.. Send few nahuals to get the estimate.

As for it coming to a battle in the case of the spies being intercepted, does this happen automatically or do I have to see the spies in my activity window and actively start the fight?

Battle will always occur if spies fail. Usually this means spy's die or they fight against wall and tie. If how ever you win. You will get spy report too. So even if you dont have that good spying tech. You could send spies to support village and with them eagle warriors/archers or what ever you can afford to lose. And you might win against 1k lancers and what ever support units are in guard.

Im suggesting 400 eagles+50 spies. Because eagles have some speed. 100 jaguars are fine too if you are big enough yourself. :D

• Nahuals...eagle warriors...damn that sounds nice. I've only gotten up to atlatl hunters XD

Well, my spies all died...I guess at least that tells me my opponent doesn't even have a wall which means I could probably take the risk and just go straight to attacking him. I have about 20k pts to his 6k (and before anyone jumps down my throat for going after someone so much lower, I play the building aspect much more heavily, so I could have several thousand points on somebody with the same exact army. I'm not out to bully, here)

• Nahuals...eagle warriors...damn that sounds nice. I've only gotten up to atlatl hunters XD

Well, my spies all died...I guess at least that tells me my opponent doesn't even have a wall which means I could probably take the risk and just go straight to attacking him. I have about 20k pts to his 6k (and before anyone jumps down my throat for going after someone so much lower, I play the building aspect much more heavily, so I could have several thousand points on somebody with the same exact army. I'm not out to bully, here)

You are wrong to assume that. It only means there is troops. It dosent say how many or what type. If there is wall and troops then you will fight against wall and troops that are there are killing your troops. As an fighting unit spies are so weak they lose even to poloms. Spies are weakest unit in game.

• Really? From reading the FAQ and guidelines I gathered that if your troops went up against a wall, that was always the first thing. If they couldn't beat the wall they would just come back alive with no information.

• Why can not I see the troops of a player who only has one of my top espionage? If the number of spies increases, the spies die. Is there a way to have a complete spy report or do I have to compete with espionage?

• If your opponent has 1 level over you then your changes for report decrease a lot. Try to spy with 50-125 spies. If it dosent work. Then so be it. Try another day. Luck may be on your side then. But building one more spy level would be obvious help. 4 more and report is more certain.

Personally I think spying sucks in this game. Devs should re think this and improve the existing one.