It's merge season once again! As with last time, all merged servers will be economy super speed (x6 speed in everything but travel times, which will remain standard).
Ready? Here's what's coming, take note:
Group 1: Kecholak (intm28): Thursday 17th, 16:00 CEST:
- English Quirigua (en20)
- German Ixtlan (de19)
- French Ixtlan (fr19)
Group 2: Pachoakan (intm29): Thursday 17th, 18:00 CEST:
- English Ixtlan (en19)
- Zaculeu (int22) (*)
- French Holmul (fr16)
- German Xelha (de17)
Group 3: Siuatlan (intm30): Saturday 19th, 16:00 CEST:
- Kantetul (int10) (*)
- Xaltocan (int20) (*)
- Otompan (int21) (*)
- German Iximche (de12)
Group 4: Apasko (steamm1): Saturday 19th, 18:00 CEST:
- Steam: Xlapak (steam1)
- Steam: Uxul (steam2)
- Steam: Muyil (steam3)
(*): Servers with special settings (e.g. pro-barbarian villages) will be merged into a standard international server. Everything in your account will be preserved, but the special characteristics will no longer apply in the new merged servers, i.e., if you played in a pro-barbarian villages server, the new merged server will no longer feature pro-barbarian villages but standard ones.
When servers merge, players from multiple worlds get to play together in a single unified world. At the times specified above, the respective servers will be disabled, and after a procedure that may take up to 2 hours (most likely less if everything goes smoothly), a new merged server will open where everyone will be able to pick up where they left, together with players from other worlds.
Please keep in mind the following:
One account only: In order not to breach the multi-accounting rule, in case you play on several servers with different accounts, after the merge is complete you may only continue playing with only one of the accounts. You can opt to either set the remainder account(s) in vacation mode, give them to other players/friends to play, or delete them (via settings -> delete account).
(!) Please note: after the merge is completed, no transfers of troops/resources are allowed from the account you decide to abandon, to the account you wish to continue playing. Non-compliance is subject to sanctions for multiaccounting.
- Same email address: In case you play on several servers using the same registered email address for all accounts, only the account with the highest score will be migrated, and the rest will be lost. In order to preserve all accounts, you will need to change the associated email address in each account so they don't match. However, keep in mind that the prior point applies in this case, so do it only if you want to hand the other account(s) to someone else.
- Same player name: If it happens that two different players have the same player name on different servers (for example, Moctezuma on one server and Moctezuma on another), when the merge takes place such accounts will be renamed automatically to avoid duplicate names. You will have a chance to change your name after this (see the point below regarding the transition period).
- All tribes will be disbanded, the resulting merge server will start fresh tribe-wise, and everyone will have to form new tribes. As a result, all tribe wall messages will be lost, so make sure to make a copy of any important messages in the tribe before the merge takes place.
- All private messages and reports will be discarded, hence make sure to make copies if you have any important messages or reports stored in your inbox.
- All cities will be relocated to a random but close to the center (500:500) position, in practice most people will be located next to everyone else. If you need to relocate your cities after the merge, you will be able to do so (see the point below regarding the transition period).
- All troop movements will be canceled, for this reason make sure to stop all troop movements by the time the merge begins. If you can't help having a troop moving by then, don't worry, the troops will not be lost, but the mission will be canceled.
There will be a transition period for 48 hours on the new server, during which:
- Attacks to other players will be disabled (it won't apply to barbarians);
- The Canek and Hunacel Seal (see items in the Game Shop) will be free, so you'll be able to change your and your tribe's name freely during this time.
- The Copan, Tikal and Itzmal Codex (you will find these items in the Game Shop) can be used for free, so you'll be able to relocate all your cities freely during this time. Note that there is a cooldown of 12 hours for the use of each of the codices.
When the merge process starts, the current server where you play will become unavailable, and upon completion of the merge process, a new merged server will open its doors. You will get a confirmation email once the new server is available to play.
And that's all! Good luck to everyone and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about the server merges
Your Tentlan Team