OK who's willing to share some Recipes of there Favorite Food, Drink, or Party dip?
Moving to "The Market", "General talk" is for Tentlan discussion only
8 oz wide egg noodles (for less sinful, use yolk-free egg noodles)
8 oz cottage cheese (lowfat works just as well)
8 oz sour cream (lowfat works just as well)
1/2 stick butter or unsalted margarine
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk (lowfat, skim, 2% acceptable. So's Lactaid)
Use one or a mix of these to taste:
Drained fruit cocktail
- Heat oven to 350F
- Cook Noodles until just soft. Drain them and put them in a large mixing bowl
- Add cottage cheese, sour cream, margarine, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the "extras." My favorite is a craisin/raisin mix.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and spread into an even layer. You can dust the top with cinnamon for an extra color
- Bake for about 1 hour, and check. Add time in 15 minute increments if necessary.
Sliced Provolone Cheese (about a pound to be safe)
1 bar of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of minced garlic (or more to taste)
1 jar pesto
1 bag sun dried tomato
- Soak big square of cheesecloth, then squeeze it so it's damp.
- Spread cheesecloth over the bowl.
- Mix garlic and cream cheese well in a separate bowl
- Put a layer of Provolone so it covers the size of the bowl with no gaps
- Add a layer of pesto
- Add layer of cream cheese mixture
- Add layer of sundried tomato
- Repeat steps 4 through 7
- Add final layer of provolone
- Take all ends of cheesecloth, and twist closed over the cheese layers. Press the cheese into the sides of the bowl as you do, keeping the top layer as flat as possible.
- Put in refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Take out, open the cheesecloth, and tilt over a plate.
- Remove cheesecloth, cut and serve
OPTION: Add a layer of black olives (no pits) after the pesto, before the cream cheese.
Wow !! Those recipes look and sound really yum!! Gonna try them for sure !!