The time has come for a new server with special barbarian villages!
Xaltocan (int20) will be the next international server featuring special barbarian villages, which are procedurally generated as opposed to fixed per level. In essence, every barbarian village you attack on Xaltocan will be new and completely different from the others. Xaltocan starts on July 24th at 3pm CET, and here's how it's going to work and the features it'll have:
What is it?
Xaltocan will be a new special server where every new barbarian village that you spy and/or attack will be randomly generated and different from each other; not so random that you can find something crazy like one million Ek Chuahs with 2 of Cacao, but enough that not two barbarian villages will be alike, with a lot of variety in the armies and amount of resources out there for players of all levels.
What's the point?
As experienced players know, once you have mastered the current barbarian villages there's little variety or strategy; you have a certain set of units that you know give you the best return for a particular level of a barbarian village, and you only have to keep attacking that way. In the upcoming new server Xaltocan, with every barbarian village being new and different from the rest, it becomes a game about finding the barbarian villages with the best return for the least amount of losses, and that will be constantly changing. Some barbarian villages may have large armies and few resources, some may have less units but more to loot, some may even host Nahuals and Amazon Warriors for you to fetch if you are lucky enough to find them.
In short, it's both a new challenge and a new opportunity: the best players will find that if they keep their eyes open, with the right strategy and choosing barbarian villages carefully, they'll rise and grow faster.
In addition to the new barbarians, Xaltocan will also feature:
- Quad speed server, build, research, recruit and travel at four times the usual speed.
- The strong player protection will activate in differences of 5x points or more.
- Survival rate 30%: 30% of all units defeated in a battle will survive and be sent to the Itzamna Temple in all cases (as opposed to the usual 8-15% survival rate).
- All cities defeated, regardless score, get a 12 hour post-attack protection (as opposed to applying only when the defender has a score of 75% or less the attacker)
- New barbarian attacks every 12 hours (instead once a day). That is to say, 10 attacks per day in two rounds, rather than 5 in one.
- Corn rates for travels four times less, so you can travel larger distances at a lower cost in corn.
Xaltocan will open its doors to players of all languages and countries on July 24th at 15:00 CET (Central European Time).
Good luck and have fun everyone!
Your Tentlan Team