[Discussion] Fur's Guides: Getting Started

• When I said "Stamina affects the attacking order of units" I was wrong, the ''Weakness'' stat affects the attack order of units, lower Weakness units will attack in Wave 2 instead of Wave 1. The Exact numbers at which this happens is currently unknown.

Feel free to post and/or talk about any iterations that I may have missed or tips/tricks for beginners that I can incorporate within the original Guide.

"Intelligence without ambition, is like a bird without wings" ~Salvador Dali

Edited 2 times, last by Furry ().

• When mousing over your post, in the right bottom corner, you can normally click on 'edit' to edit your post, worked in the other part of the forum, so I think it should also work here.

Also, do you have any advise about technologies? Is is smart to keep them up and running at all time? Or only a few? Of is it the best to don't mind them at all, unless a quest told you to?

E: So it is also not worth to attack barbarians for the amber stones to get a reward for the wheel?

• RabbidRobin is right, it should be possible for everyone to edit their posts via the button in the right bottom corner:

If you don't see it or have it let me know so we check if there's something out of place in the forum rights.

• Some additional remarks:

• Keep your Corn Farm about 4 levels above the other resource buildings to avoid headaches with corn early on
    • Lower production schedules get you more resources, if you plan on staying online for a few hours and have the patience for it, make use of the 10 minutes time slot
    • An 'Ik Blessing' is 22 turquoises (for one day) only during the tutorial. After the tutorial these are 150 turquoises for 7 days (roughly the same price, only the minimum duration is 7 days instead of 1 day)
    • Queued upgrades don't spend resources immediately, but in most cases you will get a warning if you attempt to add something else to the queue that would otherwise spend resources necessary for other elements in the queue. That is to say, if you are upgrading a building and another one is pending, and then you attempt you start recruiting some units but the resources left in the city are just about enough for the building that is pending, you will get a message letting you know that if you proceed you won't have enough for the pending building later on. You still have to plan with your resources ahead when it comes to queueing things, but at least there's this little aid for those cases.

But overall great work!

• Some additional remarks:

• Keep your Corn Farm about 4 levels above the other resource buildings to avoid headaches with corn early on
    • Lower production schedules get you more resources, if you plan on staying online for a few hours and have the patience for it, make use of the 10 minutes time slot
    • An 'Ik Blessing' is 22 turquoises (for one day) only during the tutorial. After the tutorial these are 150 turquoises for 7 days (roughly the same price, only the minimum duration is 7 days instead of 1 day)
    • Queued upgrades don't spend resources immediately, but in most cases you will get a warning if you attempt to add something else to the queue that would otherwise spend resources necessary for other elements in the queue. That is to say, if you are upgrading a building and another one is pending, and then you attempt you start recruiting some units but the resources left in the city are just about enough for the building that is pending, you will get a message letting you know that if you proceed you won't have enough for the pending building later on. You still have to plan with your resources ahead when it comes to queueing things, but at least there's this little aid for those cases.

But overall great work!

Thanks! I will Edit this in to the original post for the 'Getting Started' guide as soon as I have the ability to edit a post in that section of the Forums.

If anyone else has any other tips and/or tricks for beginners that could be edited in the original Guide, feel free to post them here and I will incorporate them. Thanks!

• When mousing over your post, in the right bottom corner, you can normally click on 'edit' to edit your post, worked in the other part of the forum, so I think it should also work here.

Also, do you have any advise about technologies? Is is smart to keep them up and running at all time? Or only a few? Of is it the best to don't mind them at all, unless a quest told you to?

E: So it is also not worth to attack barbarians for the amber stones to get a reward for the wheel?

1) Technologies are always good to keep upgrading, even when you don't have the quests for them. Certain technologies provide bonuses to various things such as Resource Production, Troop Training time and etc. - However, Technologies can also become incredibly costly as their level increases, it is advisable to make sure you have some structure upgrades and troop recruitments going on at the same time.

2) It is definitely worth attacking Barbarian Encampments for Amber Stones. I am unsure of the procedure as to how Amber Stones are awarded, but getting your one Stone per day on a leveled Encampment is definitely worth it, the bonuses you can attain from the 'Wheel' are fantastic.