With this thread we'd like to share with you some information about what we are working on, what do we plan short/medium term, and what you can expect in the coming updates. Currently Tentlan is played daily by thousands of players across 4 territories and 11 servers, so a lot of the work that is happening behind the scenes goes into improving the technical infrastructure of Tentlan, in order to ensure Tentlan stays fast both to load and play. No one likes a game that is slow, lags, or goes down, so avoiding that is and will remain a priority for us
Gameplay wise, Tentlan is not perfect yet, but overall we are happy with how it's been shaping and maturing so far, and with your help we hope to keep that up Short to medium term, these are the points we consider most important to work on based on all the feedback we have received so far:
- Tambo and joint attacks/defense: Possibly the most requested feature so far. Currently you can "transfer" or "donate" troops to another player, but you can't for instance share temporarily your troops to defend an ally and recall them back after a battle. The Tambo building was meant to address this, but had to be delayed for technical reasons up until now.
- Report sharing: Currently in order to share a battle or spy report with another player, with your tribe, or in the forums, one can only take a screenshot and share the link, which ranges from a mild annoyance to a pain in the ass, specially if the report is long and takes multiple screenshots to capture entirely. We'd like to address this by introducing two features: the possibility to grab and share a direct link to any battle and spy report, and also a built in "compactor" to get the so called "bbcode", ready to be copy-pasted into most forums.
- Espionage system: Some players have expressed doubts about how spying currently works, which at times can be a bit confusing, so in order to ensure clarity and ease of planning, we decided to revamp how it works.
- Watchtower: Similarly to spying, it's not always very evident how the Watchtower works in its role to see approaching troops, thus in order to make it clear, we would like to revamp it as well.
- Misc. chat improvements: Some players reports issues while trying to use the public chat, and even though we didn't pinpoint a specific bug causing these problems, we think we can make serveral technical improvements to hopefully palliate them in the future. Additionally, you asked us for private chatting (whispers) and an option to ignore specific players in chat, both of which we'd also like to implement.
- Misc. tribe improvements: Ocasionally, large tribes have latency issues that cause the window to take longer than usual to load, specially with a particularly lively wall; we intend to address that. You also asked us for separate sticky or official announcement posts, so that admins/founders may communicate important information to all members, as well as a more granular tribe member rights system, and eventually a real time tribe chat separate from the wall.
These are our plans for the time being, we can't dive into details yet, but we hope to materialize them rather soon. If everything goes well, it is likely that we'll drop the "Beta" tag at the end of this stage, which would mean we'd focus on new content and features from that point on. There will be no account or server reset when this happens.
We hope you liked this glimpse into what we plan to work on. We think it's important to be transparent and communicate with you guys about what we do, because at the end of the day there would be no Tentlan without you Hopefully this thread is only the first of many to come, so stay tuned!
Oh, and this thread is open for all to comment, so by all means let us know what you think. Whether you agree or disagree with the direction Tentlan is taking we'd be happy to hear you, we are always open for discussion
Your Tentlan Team