Question for the staff about troups transfer

• Hi staff,

I have a question about the toups transferstop.
    When you say:

"So please make sure to return units and troops that are not yours back to their owners before then."

Do you mean the date on which you have posted the notice or has it ever been?

For example, if I received troops inregalo last month I have to return it or can I keep it, and have I received it 6 months ago?

Tank you for the answer

• I hope I'm right.

There is such a guideline. If the troop size is high, return it to the sender. With very small troops it is not taken so strictly.

Smaller aid and beginners' aid are not traced. If a transfer of troops is far in the past, then it will probably not play any more.

If the receiver of a large force is no longer active in the game and a return is not possible, then it is sensible to report.

With regard to the date, the transfer of troops must be completed by the end of the deadline.

• This still seems worryingly fuzzy.
    For one thing it would not seem reasonable to sanction someone now for something that was ok at the time it happened. If it wasn't ok at the time then it should have been addressed then not now. To be honest if you transfer troops to another player you do so at your own risk. The change in the game mechanics to prevent future troop transfers is really not relevant to pushing issues. If it is sufficient to break the rules now then it was at the time. Simple one off transfers do not seem to meet the requirement for 'pushing', otherwise the capacity to do so should never have been available since it could not have been done without breaking the rules.

From a different aspect the fact that a player received transferred troops does not necessarily mean that they were retained by that player. For instance player A decides to stop playing and transfers his troops to Player B so that they will not be wasted. Player B however rather than keep all for himself transfers troops to other members of the tribe. In this case there is a single transfer to Player B which appears to be acceptable. Player B makes multiple transfers to other players which also appears acceptable since a) he has not retained benefit of the troops and b) no one player is gaining preference. The players receiving the troops are also gaining a one off gift which also appears to be within the rules.

It does seem to me that since troop transfer will no longer be possible and this has been fully publicised it would be better to save everyone a headache and draw a line under the whole thing.

• It was not ok then, we just lacked the resources to chase everyone doing that, but a number of people were banned over the years due to accumulating troops from other players.

But it would be too chaotic to ban every player that received troops from another player ever, we concede that. The practice is too widespread to crackdown on it today. What we've been trying to communicate is that we will only pay attention to cases where a player has a substantial advantage due to troops that aren't theirs. If you've been playing normally, and your account is not blatantly inflated from troops from other players, then you don't have to return or report it if over time players that quit sent your stuff to you, or if you have distributed these to other players in turn.

What exactly constitutes 'substantial advantage' is difficult to define precisely, since for each particular case it depends on the account level, but for most people it's going to be fine. There is not going to be a "ban fest" on the 12th, I can say that pretty confidently.