Tzolk'in calendar to replace Tzolk'in wheel

• Tzolk'in calendar

As it is right now we have fortune wheel that uses one of the most valuable resource in the game and it produces rewards that arent usually worth anything. Yet that space could be used better in my opinion. So here is my suggestion.. We replace wheel with in game calendar. That calendar would have 20x13 days and each day would produce luck rewards or events.

Luck Rewards

Luck rewards are very much the same they are now. You can get them during those days that dosent have any events on. What has changed is that now you should be able to chose what you sacrifice. Is it a soldier (after this action it cannot be healed), amber stone, 250 turquoise or loot.

Sacrificing soldier:

If you sacrifice soldier. You may get bonuses like 5%-30% Wall bonus, 5-30% stamina 5-30% army speed or anything related to army and warfare. Sacrificed unit determines how large or how long bonus is active. If you get 5%wall bonus with EK unit. It could last 65 days, but with spy unit it could last 2h.. If you have very good luck you might get 1-20 nahuals/amazons.

Sacrificing amber :

If you sacrifice amber you may get builder and tech bonuses. More amber you sacrifice better the bonuses can be or their duration can be longer. At one go you can sacrifice max 5 ambers. There could also be rewards like random free tech/building.

Sacrifice turquoise

You can sacrifice 250 turquoise and win shop items. Some cheaper than they are in shop and some more expensive.

Sacrifice loot

If you chose to sacrifice loot. Then you will get random target that you are to attack. Random towns are selected from towns that arent in same tribe, close proximity and roughly the same lvl.Owner of that city gets a warning that someone has been guided by wrathful gods to attack his/hers city. After that you have end of that day to attack that city. More loot and troops you kill. Better the reward you may get from Tzolks calendar. If player dosent attack selected town then he may get punished by gods. That punishment could be -10% to -50% stamina.. or some other negative bonus punishment. Duration is rest of the calendar month.

If how ever target town is empty. No troops and no ress. Then defender may get punished by gods. Even if there is something little to steal defender might still suffer. That is the case if defender is larger than attacker.

Rewards from this event are always good.

All the battles get ranked in def and attack lists. If your attack ranks high on either list. Then its possible to gain bonus reward that effects whole tribe. Every unit and resource is turned into points. After the attack. What resources you might have stolen are lost to gods..

Events

When ever there is events like Research faster! or crystal event. Luck rewards cannot be collected. However. From now on we can see when these events will be on. So we can prepare for them. The Bacabs' Crystals event could now show itself more often, but in shorter periods. Like 7 days per month. Events could be divide in 2 categories 3 day events and 7 day events. Right now only The Bacabs' Crystals event is 7 day event, but in future could be more.

What do you think.. ?

I note that change could be made much simpler too and if final result would be simpler. It still would be large improvement.

• Changing fortune wheel to calendar would make a lot of sense. Sacrifice loot also seems very interesting feature, but maybe little hard to do. If something like this would be done with randomly generated barbarians. It could be much more interesting and fair.

• As soon as I will get them, sure.

A side note: It would be cool to get more opinions about this idea. Also we are aware that current Tzolkin wheel isn't quite attractive to you.

• I like the idea of being able to narrow down what you get from the wheel by choosing what to sacrifice, but I think it would be nice if you could choose specifically when and where boosts would activate . . .

For example, if your population is at maximum and you got (randomly) the Yaxa spell, it wouldn't do anything.
    But, if the Yaxa spell were temporarily "stored" so that you could activate it when you want (and maybe in the city you want?), the bonus wouldn't be wasted. (I'm thinking bonuses could be stored maybe in the moon temple, or next to your profile picture like the blessings, or in the shop menu, or in the Tzolkin menu, or somewhere else)

While this would probably be difficult to do, I think it would be nice to have it so that you can always use/benefit from what you get from the Tzolkin wheel. But that's just my opinion (and I don't even use the Tzolkin wheel).

• I like the idea of being able to narrow down what you get from the wheel by choosing what to sacrifice, but I think it would be nice if you could choose specifically when and where boosts would activate . . .

i agree with this opinion. it would really be more meaningful if you can store the reward for use later. also i guess there would be a co-relation between the worth of the sacrifice and the worth of the reward. though a small sacrifice might produce a great reward, if the reverse is true, then high worth material would never be sacrificed at all, and it reduces your options and the attractiveness of the exercise.

• i agree with this opinion. it would really be more meaningful if you can store the reward for use later. also i guess there would be a co-relation between the worth of the sacrifice and the worth of the reward. though a small sacrifice might produce a great reward, if the reverse is true, then high worth material would never be sacrificed at all, and it reduces your options and the attractiveness of the exercise.

Or consider this.. A while its possible to get same bonuses 5% or 30% bonuses for wall. No matter what type unit you use. Yet with better unit you get better duration. For instance EK could give you 60 days with 5% bonus. When spear only gives you 1 day. Combine this with possibility that 30% bonus dosent replace.. your 5% bonus.. but rather adds on it. Giving you 35% total.

If we use this method then both. small sacrifice and large one has a meaning. On top of that better unit gives you better change to get high end bonuses.

Sacrifice loot also seems very interesting feature, but maybe little hard to do. If something like this would be done with randomly generated barbarians. It could be much more interesting and fair.

It could work better that way. But I would hope they would become Lost barbarian towns then. Only thing is that It would be impossible to add tribe features to that. Not without benefiting multies.