Amazon Warriors

• Hi,

Could you please advise how Amazon Warriors are obtained? The notes against them when clicking on the Jaguar Temple say that they cannot be recruited. Is there any other way to obtain these at present? A speedy response would be very much appreciated. Thanks you.

• Hi Zexa, Amazon Warriors are available through the Tzolkin wheel (golden sector).
    These are special units that are actually reserved as a reward for ingame events that we have in the pipeline, and similar purposes.

Edit: Also, you can get Amazon Warriors if you attack someone who has these units, and win the battle. In this case, they will change sides and join your army.

• Hi Zexa, Amazon Warriors are currently only available through the Tzolkin wheel (golden sector).
    These are special units that are actually reserved as a reward for ingame events that we have in the pipeline, and similar purposes.

I love it when games have in-game special events and such that reward unique units that can't be otherwise obtained.
    Looking forward to it, Gaviotta & the rest of your team.

"Intelligence without ambition, is like a bird without wings" ~Salvador Dali

• Hi Zexa, Amazon Warriors are currently only available through the Tzolkin wheel (golden sector).

IF that is so then I fond it rather amazing that ONE player has had so much luck getting 20 of them via the wheel. Surely it should be a v rare thing that one can obtain a warrior of this strength via spinning the wheel. I think being able to get this warrior so easily is going to skew the game. One HAS to assume that to get so many of this one warrior type a player has been v v v lucky or else bought lots of amber stones to keep turning the wheel to get these warriors. I also realise he could have attacked lots of barbs to get amber stoned but given that in reality you get ONE amber stone per day to get 20 amazon warriors one would have to have attacked over a long period of time to accumulate enough amber stones to get 20 of these warriors by spinning the wheel given the fact that it is a rareity to win such a warrior or it should be a rairity else it is not fair!!!

We also need a table showing the attacking strengths of each warrior and how they stack up against one another as it does seem that the attacking ability of the bowman is too skewed in their favour. makes v little sense to me. I CAN understand the logic of a higher strength warrior being slower in speed in an attack BUT 1000= bowman should not be able to win a batle in 1 round against stronger warriors or a mixture of warriors that include stronger ones.

• At the moment, TaneMahuta - it seems that the chance of getting Amazon Warriors through the Tzolkin Wheel is about a 2% chance.

• Thank you for the speedy response Gaviotta. I have to admit that I was rather surprised to see a player with 20 Amazon Warriors at this stage in the game. If, as TaneMahuta suggests, ones success in this game is dependent on the amount of money a player puts into it, I for one won't be playing it much longer. That would be a shame as it has the makings of an interesting and fun pastime.

Edited once, last by Zexa ().

• At the moment, TaneMahuta - it seems that the chance of getting Amazon Warriors through the Tzolkin Wheel is about a 2% chance.

IF that is the case how is it possible that one player has 20 Amazon warriors. It could be that others in his Alliance snet him Amazon Warriors and that it is a combined effort but even so 20 is a lot to have been won by 3 active members of ONE Alliance.

I think we need M0H0 or Gaviotta to make some comment on this as I think my maths is good enough to work out that to get 20 Amazon Warriros with a 2% chance is totally skewed.

Also even worse nowhere in the game is it mentioned that the ONLY way to get these Warriors is via the wheel.

This is what it says about the Amazon Warrior in game:

Legend says that there was a hidden place somewhere in the Amazon
    rainforest, where women were trained to be warriors. Nobody has ever
    discovered the place, but it is said that the chosen ones were taught
    some very rare and special martial arts.

Not recruitable

This unit cannot be recruited.

and then:

Thanks to the special military training, Amazon warriors master some very rare techniques of warfare. Being agile and unpredictable in their tactics, Amazons often appear in the places and at the moment when the enemy least expects them. One of their favorite tactics is to isolate the non-combat units of the enemy right at the beginning of the battle, and disable them one by one. However, if the battle is lost, they feel obliged to change sides and join the winner's troops.

Where does it mention the fact that it can ONLY be 'won' via the Wheel??

The more I think of this and other issues this server will need a reset or a much fairer system instituted.

• I do agree that having the ability to get Military Units for Turquoise is on the bad-end of gaming. Pay-to-Win never does well in most games, especially one as young as this. A Server reset probably wouldn't work, it would most likely just make a lot of people mad. Maybe a second (smaller) server?

• I do agree that having the ability to get Military Units for Turquoise is on the bad-end of gaming. Pay-to-Win never does well in most games, especially one as young as this. A Server reset probably wouldn't work, it would most likely just make a lot of people mad. Maybe a second (smaller) server?

Lol I agree a server reset will make people mad but in some ways better to make EVERYONE mad than just some lol.

In a similar game I played there was a major bug that no one had thoight of that got exploitred when it came to ligjht by accident. There was a major implosion about it on the boards and when the heat died down everyone agreed it was in the best interest of the game that there be a server reset. I am sure many of the top ranked players will be v v upset but I am ok with it but it would need far more input and an in-game global message asking players to come to the boards and comment.

IF only a few players have got these Amazon warriors a compormise might be to recompense them with a equivalent amount of another type of warrior and then not allow stronger warriors to be 'bought' or won via the wheel.

To reiterate a 2% chance does NOT make sense when ONE player has 20 of these warriors.

• Sorry, forgot to mention (and already edited my previous post on this unit): Amazon Warriors are special because they join the winner's troops if they lose the battle. That means, that if you attack someone who have Amazon Warriors, and win the battle, these units will change sides and join your troops, which will also be displayed in the battle report.

However, this only works if Amazon Warriors are defenders. If they attack, they can be damaged like any other unit according to their weakness value (you'll find the unit stats in the Jaguar Temple/Amazon Warrior).

• Sorry, forgot to mention (and already edited my previous post on this unit): Amazon Warriors are special because they join the winner's troops if they lose the battle. That means, that if you attack someone who have Amazon Warriors, and win the battle, these units will change sides and join your troops, which will also be displayed in the battle report.

However, this only works if Amazon Warriors are defenders. If they attack, they can be damaged like any other unit according to their weakness value (you'll find the unit stats in the Jaguar Temple/Amazon Warrior).

Sorry to harp n aobut this but what is NOT being addressed is the question that begs to be answered and that is HOW any ONE player was able to accumulate 20 Amazon Warriors. It beggars belief. ANd IF they got these warriors by buying Turquoise and then using Turquoise and using that to get Amber stoned to give them more chances to get Amazon Warriors by spining the wheel then something is wrong. The Warriors should only show up on the wheel rarely as if it is so easy to get warriors by spining the wheel then that will skew the game in favour of those that are willing to spend money to buy turquoise to get amber stones.

So PLEASE address this issue in some depth. I am NOT asking names to be named but what we need to know is if DEVS agree it is unfair if players ARE basically buying Amazon Warriors and secondly if DEVS agree that the ODDS of getting an Amazon Warrior is too high.

Thanks.

• There are two reasons why a certain player may have accumulated Amazon Warriors: the first and obvious one is if they spent in amber stones to increase their chances in the Tzolkin Wheel, but the second is that they may be targeting players that originally got lucky and won them in the past. Because of the property Gaviotta talks about, if a strong player were to target many smaller ones that had a small amounts of Amazon and defeat them all, they could also potentially accumulate these units.

But two things you need to consider here: First, even if you don't target other players that own them, the Tzolkin Wheel won't be the only way to win these units in the future as Gaviotta pointed out, hence why we don't explicitly say "head over to the wheel if you want them". Amazon Warriors are meant to be simply rare units, nothing more nothing less. Think "Mew" in the original Pokémon games.

Second, owning a bunch of Amazon Warriors does not mean you will immediately own the entire server, far from it. Amazon Warriors do help and have their effect in battle, but they are not a decisive factor and even if a player were to spend in amber stones just to win them in the wheel that wouldn't automatically make him super powered.

• There are two reasons why a certain player may have accumulated Amazon Warriors: the first and obvious one is if they spent in amber stones to increase their chances in the Tzolkin Wheel, but the second is that they may be targeting players that originally got lucky and won them in the past. Because of the property Gaviotta talks about, if a strong player were to target many smaller ones that had a small amounts of Amazon and defeat them all, they could also potentially accumulate these units.

But two things you need to consider here: First, even if you don't target other players that own them, the Tzolkin Wheel won't be the only way to win these units in the future as Gaviotta pointed out, hence why we don't explicitly say "head over to the wheel if you want them". Amazon Warriors are meant to be simply rare units, nothing more nothing less. Think "Mew" in the original Pokémon games.

Second, owning a bunch of Amazon Warriors does not mean you will immediately own the entire server, far from it. Amazon Warriors do help and have their effect in battle, but they are not a decisive factor and even if a player were to spend in amber stones just to win them in the wheel that wouldn't automatically make him super powered.

Thanks for that explanation. I tnhink what we need to also infor our Alliances about is the 'weakness' issue in attacks. I know Furry wrote about this in his helpful guide but I think we should post that in-Alliance and get them to understand it more fully. Well also helps if I got my head around it too as it does seem that the Bowman are able to defeat mixed troops if used in large numbers so I need to work out how the 'weakness' rule really comes into play.

I will try and add that to my spreadsheet to see if it makes sense.

• I know one of our tribesmn got 10 with his second city (one of the aforementioned events?) and subsequently lost them in a fight. This way having 20 can go fast...

• Thanks for that explanation. I tnhink what we need to also infor our Alliances about is the 'weakness' issue in attacks. I know Furry wrote about this in his helpful guide but I think we should post that in-Alliance and get them to understand it more fully. Well also helps if I got my head around it too as it does seem that the Bowman are able to defeat mixed troops if used in large numbers so I need to work out how the 'weakness' rule really comes into play.

I will try and add that to my spreadsheet to see if it makes sense.

Keep an eye on the forums in the coming days, we are going to be talking about this very very soon.