YES! another Thread about Barbarian raiding :P <3

• Is there no room to maneuver on the Raid rewards on the barbarians :?: . I know that more gains come from higher level Barbarians and that higher tier troops will lessen the losses as we climb the levels of the barbarians. The :S problem :S i have is that i feel that the gains from the Barbarians are just not enough to merit the time and resources it will take to get to the levels of troops to attack them for profitable gains. The 30% of the res gained is very little for the effort. and then Only 5 attacks a day. i feel like its choking :S the game too early. These are just my observations ?( . Is there no play on either more attacks or better gains from the barbs :?:

• I disagree, you should attack more players later in the game to keep the game alive. Barbarians ar always the samen...... To in the end, you will want to have a fight with another alliance the measure strength. (and you don't have to pillage if you can occupie city's).

Ow if you occupied a city there could be disadventages for you and the player in it:
    - Like you need extra corn to feed the troops that are away
    - The player gets 20% less recources or something like that.

• I have not progressed far enough in the game yet to really help explain or come to reasoning with the way High-Tier Encampments work.

However, I do agree in whole, that the 30% of the Encampment's resources is very limiting, considering the massive cost of the end-game units and to send them great distances.

"Intelligence without ambition, is like a bird without wings" ~Salvador Dali

• MAD dOG. I AM COMPLETELY AWARE THAT THIS IS A WAR GAME. AND TO BE HONEST ITS BEGINNING TO WEAR ON ME , HOW YOU KEEP REMINDING PEOPLE IN GAME AND ON THESE FORUMS OF THAT FACT.

Loose the blood lust and enjoy the game for what it is. PVP is pointless in this game right now.

• Essentially what Hoggel said. This game is still far too small in it's playerbase to have an active PvP End Game, especially between Tribes.

• Is there no room to maneuver on the Raid rewards on the barbarians . I know that more gains come from higher level Barbarians and that higher tier troops will lessen the losses as we climb the levels of the barbarians. The problem i have is that i feel that the gains from the Barbarians are just not enough to merit the time and resources it will take to get to the levels of troops to attack them for profitable gains. The 30% of the res gained is very little for the effort.

Hoggler, that's correct that the higher the level of a barbarian, the more resources you can pillage. And according to the current battle mechanism, you can optimize your troops to reduce or even completely eliminate the losses. For example, when attacking lvl 3 barbarians, if you send some 200 bowmen (plus some extra untis to carry the loot), you may be able to get away with no losses at all. For lvl 4 you'd need some 700 altalts and for lvl 5 some 3,000 atlatles. These are just a few combinations where your gain would be 100%.
    Now, I am not sure if you were aware of these mechanics, but hope this info helps :)

• That does indeed help. It seems that my previous guesstimate that 5x the troops to hit each higher level for 1.5x the reward where a little over and that it's more like 4.25x for 1.75x?

Perhaps a more complete table/explanation of mechanics, as requested a few weeks ago, would be beneficial to all?

• That does indeed help. It seems that my previous guesstimate that 5x the troops to hit each higher level for 1.5x the reward where a little over and that it's more like 4.25x for 1.75x?

Perhaps a more complete table/explanation of mechanics, as requested a few weeks ago, would be beneficial to all?

I agree. A table of information assembled by the ones who can see the insides of the game would definitely be of great use, I would also be able to implement it within my guide.

• A guide is definitively coming as soon as we push the next update that will overhaul the battle system. I know I've said that before, but you have my word that it is coming and it is very close, give us maybe a week or so more.