Stuck in Tutorial

• Hi

I just started and is trying to finish the starting quests (what I assume is part of the tutorial).

I only have one active quest now, which is:

• Spy on the barbarian village next to you
    • Read the spy report

But when I try to send the spys to a barbarian village near by, I get this message "Please continue with the tutorial before sending troops".
    Am I missing something in order to move forward? I feel stuck and am unsure of what to do.

• The Barbarian Village has to be level 1, no higher, for the tutorial. Look for a level 1 barbarian near you. If you try attacking any higher level barbarian city, you will lose. I think that is why the tutorial will not let you attack.

• The Barbarian Village has to be level 1, no higher, for the tutorial. Look for a level 1 barbarian near you. If you try attacking any higher level barbarian city, you will lose. I think that is why the tutorial will not let you attack.

the tutorial says you need to click on world map and there's an arrow blinking above the barb you have to spy :rolleyes:

• Hi

I just started and is trying to finish the starting quests (what I assume is part of the tutorial).

I only have one active quest now, which is:

• Spy on the barbarian village next to you
    • Read the spy report

But when I try to send the spys to a barbarian village near by, I get this message "Please continue with the tutorial before sending troops".
    Am I missing something in order to move forward? I feel stuck and am unsure of what to do.

Usually, you have to complete the challenges on the left and collect their rewards, before you can move on! Check your tasks to see if it has registered your completions. Usually you cannot skip tasks on the list!

• But when I try to send the spys to a barbarian village near by, I get this message "Please continue with the tutorial before sending troops".

Got exactly the same problem here. Here is the deal:

I was growing my empire and ignored the tutorial for some time as the tutorial is no doubt pretty annoying. Then I created a few new cities and decided to use the tutorial resources there.

Thus, I hired the spies in my main city, sent them to the specified destination, read the report(!) and then switched to another city to see if I can use the rewarded resources there. However, the mission status changed to:

- Send the spies (not completed)

- Read the report (completed)

(see screenshot)

The task is still active and I still see the arrows pointing me where and how to send the spies, but in reality the game doesn't let me send any troops anywhere on any kind of mission (see more screenshots)

After getting this error message, the mission arrows become inactive (but the guy from screenshot #1 still remains there). If I log out of my account and login again, the mission tries to become active again:

- the arrows reappear;

- when I switch to the "world map" view, it directs me to the city where I must perform the spying mission

The workaround I found was to switch to another city (which resulted in the mission offering me a different barbarian village as the destination.) Changing the size of the browser window also seems to help, since it looks like the game prefers to choose the village which is within view as the destination.

Good luck!

• Personnellement j'ai toujours suivi le tutoriel mais pour l'espionnage, je n'ai pas eu de lien, je ne comprends pas du tout. Je suis bloquée

• I'm imagining the QA testers of the game saying: What the hell user?!